Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
MagPul PRS gets my vote... kinda spendy but dang it's nice.

·
Registered
58 Posts
The MagPul PRS is *very* solid. I wouldn't hesitate to bean somene in the head with it and expect it to come out unharmed ;)

The adjustment wheels tend to stay put, since there is a ball detent or something similar in there that only allows them to rotate about 3/8" at a time. Great for keeping things from getting mis-adjusted during carry, but for someone (like me) used to thumbwheel adjusters on a target rifle stock (where there are no detents at all), having to basically take two fingers (one on each side of the stock) to adjust it vs. just spinning it w/ my thumb while having the gun mounted... is a little awkard. Like I said, though, it definitely won't go anywhere on you if you don't want it to.

About the only thing that comes loose on the stock is that little slip cover over the bottom picatinny rail. I probably just need to put a little set screw down thru the cover so it engages between the rail slots and stays put. Either that or some double-stick tape :D

BTW, here's a pic of my setup... A4 upper, WOA barrel (1-7" twist, heavy Service Rifle profile), YHM customizable float tube, MagPul PRS stock, Sierra Precision grip, ARMS rail. The scope has been changed out to a SS16X42 instead of the Leupold 4.5-14x in the picture.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts