Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
$750

I would go with a Thompson Center Encore in 223. I would buy one of the Nikon Monarch 3 X 9's that many sellers have on closeout right now. With a little shopping you should be able to get into this outfit for $750. My reasons for picking this outfit are simple:
1. Accurate right out of the box.

2. 223 is a great round for what you described. accurate, minimal recoil, large selection of ammo choices, and inexpensive ammo, so you can do alot of cheap shooting.

3. Encore is a great choice for additional barrel selections at a good price. If you decide to do other types of hunting, just buy another barrel.

4. The Nikon would make a good quality scope, and still give you a decent price.

Tom.

·
Registered
97 Posts
How about a Howa?

Sporter weight barrel in 223 with a 3X9 Burris Fullfield 11 and a pair of Binochs or spotting scope thrown in for free. Should set you back about $600 or less.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Go to Wal Mart........

get their Savage plastic gun with scope in what ever caliber you want. I have shot the 223 and the 243 with the accutrigger and they both shot suprisingly well, plenty good enough to hunt with.

You can upgrade to a better scope later on. Watch the classifieds for a used scope.

Good luck!

·
Registered
3,317 Posts
CZ 527, your choice of caliber. Leaves you about $250.00 for your choice of scope. You'll be happy!!

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
There are alot of good guns and scopes in your price range. I like the CZ 527 best as it is lite and shoots like a heavy barreled varmenter. It come with a single set trigger, best trigger on the market, Savage Accutrigger a close second. I only buy Leupold scopes, even their cheaper one are guarenteed for life.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.