Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
I can’t tell what is going on there. Is that another fishing rod attached to the top of the ladder?

·
Registered
6,486 Posts
Here are my guesses to the question "What are these guys doing":
  1. They're fixing to get hurt, cause they put up a ladder, they don't have Judy Brown onboard, and there's no barn roof to climb onto.
  2. They may be spider-rigging for crappie. I see two rods out on the bow and at least two on the stern. Someone needs to tell 'em they are in saltwater and not a freshwater lake.
  3. They are enjoying a day with their buds/Buds. Clearly they don't know how to fish, so I think they're just motoring around, drinking beer, and complaining about their wives.

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Picking up one of their friends who is waiting for them on a pier that is 10’ above the water line ?

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
I had to google it Charlie. Does it have to do with shark fishing ?

·
Administrator
12,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Keep guessing. It's a red neck way of using a cheap ass boat for sight casting, but what species? Yes that is a rod up to in a rod holder attached to the ladder.

·
Registered
6,047 Posts
I say it's Skruske's Boat and he's getting ready to Paint the Sky.

·
Administrator
12,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Cobia. The fancy boats have a cobia "tower" where you can stand on the roof above the driver and are surrounded by a bar and is relatively safe. This is pure red neck, but it works.

·
Registered
9,732 Posts
I don’t know what they’re doing but I bet it starts with “hold my beer...”

·
Registered
6,486 Posts
When you called it redneckk, that puts a whole different spin on things, Charlie. See, most of us here on the GoGo board are redneckks and proud of it. Redneckks may appear to be dumb, flat-broke hicks, but we're really just frugal and inventive. If those boys used plenty of duct tape, then that lightweight, portable cobia tower makes all kinds of sense. Ha! I wonder if the ladder vibrates like hell when they hit about 50 mph with that big Merc?

·
Registered
8,945 Posts
My first thought was Poor Man's TunaTower.

Carl, I really liked your wordsmithing.... :)

Sight casting? It don't look like a Flats Boat.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts