Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The other night my rott keep barking and could not see a thing.
Got out the big light and could not see nothing but a set of eyes
so finally i got out the shotgun and shot a couple of times in the air
but did not do any good.
Later my wife went out and the rott got right by her legs and whined.
He never has been chicken but that night he was.
This make twice he has barked like that and what i want to know what could i do to keep the cat away beside shoot it.

Pig pen
________
AN650

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
Shoot it Shoot it.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Big cats now back in western Kentucky..

and my uncle has the photos to prove it!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Try and get those photos and post em! Where in western KY are we talking? Theres a Mt Lion loose around Center point, IN, but I dont think itll cross the river! LOL. Id know Id be shocked if I saw a big cat while calling here in KY.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Call me next time....

LOL.....I will show you what SSS stands for. :eek: :D :D :D

·
Registered
53 Posts
I wanna see the photos of the cat in KY as well - and where was it seen???? I spend much time unarmed in LBL, and would like to know if there's a big 'un around there!

·
Registered
17 Posts
There are those that contend there are no black cats in North America. I know a guy here in WV whose family saw one behind their house. When he said something about it online, people said it was impossible because there aren't any. Well there's one in WV and one out there in Colorado. Take a picture, then shoot it and take another picture.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Call

the Game & Fish Dept. and get a live trap set out there. Heck you might even bump Hogzilla #2 out of the headline's. I will keep an eye out for you on Fox News

·
Registered
6,532 Posts
Jim, I've seen scanned digital versions of two photos taken by a woman bowhunter down around Kuttawa. She had a trailcam set up near her home (as I recall) and got two photos of a big cat. The cat was some distance away, but there was snow on the ground and the cat appeared jet black. When she realized what the animal in the trailcam pix appeared to be, she hurried back to the location and searched the snow. She found and photographed what were clearly, definitely cat tracks. But the tracks were obviously a day or two old, so you couldn't honestly say whether or not they had "grown" because of melting. In one photo she held her hand down next to a track and it was definitely a BIG track. I corresponded with this lady in several e-mails, but that was about two computers ago and I can't currently find the copies of the photos. I do remember she was down around Kuttawa because that's where my dad lives.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Guys, I was just talking this week to a buddy of mine and he said he actually saw a big black cat and his neighbor saw it twice messing around his cows. Anyway, his neighbor called a game warden and they denied any knowledge but when he said he was going to shoot it, they told him to hold on and he would be over to check it out. I don't know what became of that meeting but my friend said something about he had heard(now get ready for this) that they were introduced to control the coyote population by specifically targeting their young. I went away from that story thinking my buddy is full of it. Actually, this story has been floating around in my parts for 40 years. Don't want to flame anyone, but I would have to see it myself or at least see proof. John.

·
Registered
20 Posts
'Yote hunting cat ??

Wonder if there is any factual basis for thinking a cat might predate on canines? I can see the teretorial thing, but it ends there. And, is there more than one kind of "big black cat" , something that is native to other than jungles?

·
Registered
6,133 Posts
Big Kats ARE here in KY

Last winter a co-worker of mine saw one in Eastern Pulaski Co. while he was on his mail route. Everyone kinda laughed at him when he said he saw a mountain lion here, but this guy is absolutely telling the 100% truth. He grew up in Arizona and Kalifornia and had seen them many times there. He was not too impressed by seeing one here; he is not a hunter and just remarked that he didn't think they were supposed to be here.

He did say that this one looked different than the ones he saw in Arizona; much darker color (almost brown) and had longer hair on its tail. I showed him a photo of a Kat with its winter coat; He said "Yeah, thats exactly what he saw."

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
cats!!!!

Last year my mom had one cross the road in front of her at the KY, TN, boarder. Somewere around Static. she siad it just bound across the road in a couple of leaps and was gone. Two years ago my uncle told me he saw one up on Brushy mountain behind his house near Pikeville KY. (this one was black)Just a hop and skip from WV. It's hard to say what could live in those mountains. They see bears all the time

1 - 14 of 14 Posts