Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to Voldoc and the Birdog for the opportunity to go to Colorado and go on the best prairie dog trip yet to date. These 2 guys both made numerous kills over 1000 yards with the top being a 1394 yard shot by the Birdog.
Birdog is shown packin and sackin at 4AM as we left Dixon Springs

Doc and Birdog glassing and discussing making a Loooonnngg shot. I tell you what: 1394 yards is a LONG ways.

Birdog with the "Martha" rifle showing his best side (covered up) as he squints into the sun at a bunch of prairie dogs so far away that I can't even see the Hillside.

I think it only took 4 or 5 shots till the dog was down. Notice there is little damage when the bullet travels such a long distance.

Birdog hauled this little critter home to get mounted in a ice cooler. Paper shows how we ranged the kill as the rangefinders would only range about a thousand yards in the bright sun.

Birdog back home about 2AM being met by his best lady friend Clementine.

Thanks to both of you guys for taking this old guy along for the ride.

·
Registered
12,608 Posts
hummmmm

i'm thinking this power chair will roll right up in that trailer :D

·
Registered
698 Posts
What a Fine Shot

Randy, Yall really went downtown ! Was that ammo loaded on the spot? I let my pop see the pics of your 54 Chevy and he fell in love with it. Cliff

·
Registered
4,913 Posts
Thanks to JRinTN and "The Dog"

Well alright then=
I'm bout recouped from toooooooooooooooo
much fun compacted into 7 days
with"Best of Friends"

already thinkin' of the next year's
Safari=
keeps me sackin' and packin'
every day==
O&O from MMR
VolDoc

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
Good Shooting Randy

Good shooting Randy. I know that you fellows had a great trip. I sure have
enjoyed the pics & stories. Just one question. I just can't believe that Doc
left that much of Cliff or Rick great cooking on his plate uneaten ! :eek:
Keith, Pedro & I are all getting cranked up for our June 25 Trip to SD. I am
ready except for a range trip to check scopes & zero a couple of rifles that
have scope changes. Doc, in the meantime I have been enjoying fishing on
beautiful Dale Hollow with my Brother for Ky Spotted Bass. Retirement sure
is great ! ! ! ! ! !

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Great Job.

Mike

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
We didn't have a lot of leftovers on the plates there at Cliff's Diner, did we, boys? I'd put this team up against any when it came to shooting, cooking and eating.

This bunch did pretty well at rattlesnake whacking, too, although certain individuals had a habit of shooting them right in the middle, thus ruining the hide. :) I think I'll save the story about us camp-sitters having the binoculars on Randy when he broke into the Rattlesnake Rhumba while retrieving a long dog.:eek: Now that was funny!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Look forward to hearing of your adventures.

Can't wait to see pics of you guys breaking the 1500yd mark :D:D ; can't be that far away.

·
Registered
446 Posts
!!! Great Shooting !!!

Congratulations Birdog, and here's a toast to you from all of us at the Shooters Den!

(Larry, get cracking and bring some honor back to KY please)

·
Registered
5,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
BD, I'm thinkin it's time to go Back.........

·
Registered
5,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
And to think I referenced myself as "An Old Guy" way back in 2009. I was a Spring Chicken then....I wonder what that HOT Messican girl at KCs looks like now. Probably got 4 younguns.

·
Premium Member
8,644 Posts
And to think I referenced myself as "An Old Guy" way back in 2009. I was a Spring Chicken then....I wonder what that HOT Messican girl at KCs looks like now. Probably got 4 younguns.
I bet Voldoc has her #. He can tell us

·
Registered
5,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Birdog, put some photos on of that little Sioux Injun babe that you fell in Love with. The one at the Murdo Truckstop.
I'm SURE you remember....her Injun Name was Little FOX.

·
Premium Member
8,644 Posts
Birdog, put some photos on of that little Sioux Injun babe that you fell in Love with. The one at the Murdo Truckstop.
I'm SURE you remember....her Injun Name was Little FOX.
She was nice. John Kruzan returned more than once to the area and hunted pheasant and praried dogs on her famley's ranch.
Once he was trying to get back there and it was so slick that his truck did a 180 degree in the middle of the road.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts