Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Check this out. Iowa must have a BIG deer herd !

http://tinyurl.com/27prml

Missouri killed over 300,00 deer this last season, and I haven't seen anybody promoting this practice here. Sounds pretty costly to me. Why not just extend the season, and/or allow more does to be taken?

ThJudg (Roger)

·
Registered
840 Posts
"$300 to $1,000 to capture and inject each deer"

They must have lots of money and nothing else to do with it.

They should just announce a plan to shoot the deer unless PETA will volunteer to put condoms on the bucks.

Bruce

·
Registered
460 Posts
Does anyone else see this as just another way of attempting to put a fork in hunting? Perhaps not intentionally, but the arguments against hunting and guns can easily result.

Rather than allow more hunting, extend seasons, pay money to get private land owners to open up spaces for controlled public access to hunt and so forth, states are attempting to reduce and control the herds without hunting. This is what re-introduction of predators was to do as well, but has too many ill side effects near populated areas, like missing poodles and attacks on children, which even liberals are not willing to tolerate.

Birth control for herds can easily take the place of hunting by controlling the herds to acceptable levels such that hunting is no longer "required".

So the argument becomes - Just take your guns and go home the deer herd has already been taken care of. Better yet, just leave your guns here as well.

Remember, it's not paranoia if they are really after you!

·
Registered
71 Posts
deer birth control

Save your ink and breath fellows----this is the best example of pie in the sky. It's never going to happen in this form. Think about it, catch them, vacinate them, release for recapture in two years at 300 to 1000 per deer. Saudi Arabia can't afford this! This same stupid idea came from UNC Chapel Hill several years ago, some self proclaimed "expert" wanted to capture male beavers, neuter them and release them to solve the exploding beaver population. He must have moved to Iowa.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Beaver B.C.

...This same stupid idea came from UNC Chapel Hill several years ago, some self proclaimed "expert" wanted to capture male beavers, neuter them and release them to solve the exploding beaver population. He must have moved to Iowa.
Not only wanted, but I am pretty sure that they put it to the testin Denver or Boulder. I can't remember which, but at CU makes sense. The little devils were felling trees in the parks. Another liberal no-no. Results were not good. But, I look to them to keep trying. If not vaccination, it will be something in the food, like a morning after feed-mix.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Picture this

Neckid peta babes tranquilizing bambi's buddies and injecting 'gonacon' every other year.

Takes us back to the Old West and the days of the roundup.

Oh the Humanity of it all. O D

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
Now, Isn't That A Hoot ?

Considering a lot of "goverment waste" that sounds about normal !
I totally agree, raise the limits on does and bucks if necessary. Why
waste (and it would be a waste) good money when there is a "free"
alternative. Allow the licensed hunters to harvest the extra ones !
Just that simple. Have a season like Alabama, so many per day ! ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.