1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
The best cup of coffee I ever had was off a Salvation Army truck at a five alarm fire In Detroit in January. What wasn’t covered with ice was wet and cold. We were tired, wet, cold, and alive. They might have given us half strength coffee in that paper cup and we didn’t even care. It hit the spot. I’ve had several cups of coffee under similar conditions and the point is this. It doesn’t have to be $20.00 per pound Sumatran hybrid to be the best coffee and you don’t have to hold your pinkie at attention to display your pleasure. So, whatever is on sale is fine with me. If while I’m buying and drinking I can make a political statement, that’s even better.

·
Registered
6,741 Posts
When you name your company Black Rifle Coffee, there's a goal there, you're making a statement. When you take that step, let's hope you considered all the "woulda -- shoulda -- coulda" situations that might occur.

·
Registered
6,462 Posts
I don't drink coffee and thank goodness that's one of the few Expensive things I don't like. So.
It looks like to me that they started out after a certain Market and were quite successful. Then they let their real feelings be known and their customers feel they got "stabbed in the back."
Do what you wish....I drink Coca Cola and Pepsi products and I sure don't subscribe to their political agendas.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
The best cup of coffee I ever had was off a Salvation Army truck at a five alarm fire In Detroit in January. What wasn’t covered with ice was wet and cold. We were tired, wet, cold, and alive. They might have given us half strength coffee in that paper cup and we didn’t even care. It hit the spot. I’ve had several cups of coffee under similar conditions and the point is this. It doesn’t have to be $20.00 per pound Sumatran hybrid to be the best coffee and you don’t have to hold your pinkie at attention to display your pleasure. So, whatever is on sale is fine with me. If while I’m buying and drinking I can make a political statement, that’s even better.
I'm like you, FB. I was not a Fireman but as a Lineman in a small town I made most of the bigger fires. One of them was an older Church and I took one of the smaller (maybe an 1-1/2 inch) hoses up in the bucket with me to try getting some water through the roof and inside the structure. I came down when the fire was under control and had about 2ft of water in the bucket. I was freezing cold and my hands on the hose nozzle were so cramped that one of the Firemen had to help me let go of it. The Red Cross was there and I think that was the best cup of coffee that I ever had! This was in the wee hours of the morning before daylight and it was during the Winter.

Black Rifle Coffee Company; With a name like that one would expect them to be more supportive of things like the Rittenhouse Trial. A few months ago the guys over on Snipers Hide were beating up on them for another situation. They have the right for their own views but with the name they chose you would think..........???

Coffee wise, we drink Folgers here. I use the plastic cans to store brass in!!! ;)

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Coffee wise, we drink Folgers here. I use the plastic cans to store brass in!!! ;)
+1 on the plastic Folgers cans
Greatest invention ever for the reloaders

1 - 10 of 10 Posts