Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here are my two ARs, top one with two .223 uppers, bottom one with a 9x19 and .22LR upper. Both select-fire.

9mm AR compared to MP5

Shorty AR compared to SIG552

SIG552 compared to Mp5

________
Suzuki TM400

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Nathan, how are you liking that scope? Was it expensive?
________
Honda SL350

·
Registered
76 Posts
My first AR

Rock River Arms 20" Varmint upper
Older Rock River Arms lower with jewel trigger(very nice):)
Nikon Buckmaster 4.5-14 mildot scope

I have another lower built that I plan to get a 16" a4 upper to put on it.

·
Registered
423 Posts
here's mine:

Olympic Arms 'Multi-match'

14 pound DPMS

Bushmaster

Cavalry arms "parts gun"
I also have a old Colt H-Bar that's "on loan" to an Indiana State Trooper

·
Registered
1 Posts
Monkeyman,
I do like the Weaver scope a lot. At 1x it allows me to shoot both eyes open and then go to 3x for the longer stuff.
It was easy to zero and has maintained its zero well.
I think I paid around $150. for the scope from MidwayUsa so it wasn't terribly expensive

·
Registered
84 Posts
Armilite AR 10 308 win 24inch Lothar Walther barrel, Badger rings, 6.5-20 Leupold Long Range, Sierra Precision hand grip
Bushmaster V Match 223, 16inch barrel, Leupold Mark 4 rings, 4.5-14 Leupold, Sierra Precision hand grip, Jewell trigger, JP Rear Tension Pin

·
Registered
66 Posts
My contribution

Here is a picture of my friend Eric's Ar before we worked on it. Diamond Socom lower, DPMS 20 bull A2 upper.

Here is the after. Changed to a flat top with a JP hot rod handguard. Also installed a Chip McCormick 2 stage trigger.

My DPMS 16 in ultra light weight with a crappy home sprayed camo job.

A picture of my Frankengun. I made the lower myself. A hodge-podge of other parts to complete. Due to the 4 picture limit, I will post some pics of the lower construction in another post.

Rick in MN

·
Registered
37 Posts
20" Evolution barrel with integral muzzle brake,1/9 twist, Leupold 4.5x14 scope.This upper loves 55 Vmax's. I've killed a lot of squirrels with this rig.

·
Registered
299 Posts
"JR"..

.. The .308 shorty I've been toting this season, with the new toy attached..

More later.. d:^) Jake

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Colt

Colt Hbar match target with some trigger work and free floated.Springfield 4-14(for now) scope.Likes 55 SPSX/2200 powder and not much else.Hopefully it will get out and about soon calling yotes!

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
More evil black guns...

no pretty wood and bright, shiny steel here; plastic, black paint and attitude.

HK G36 and G36K with factory 3X optic. Triggers are safe/semi/2-shot/FA. Optics are crap, needs picatinny rail and Eotech.

MP5A2 with SEF trigger, MP5A3 with safe/semi/3-shot/FA trigger, HK53 with safe/semi/3-shot/FA trigger. This little family picture is missing the MP5KPDW (small personal defense weapon) and SD (suppressed). Ask me how loud a 7" .223 is.

Here are the missing two. The SD vents the barrel to make all 9x19 ammo subsonic. The problem is that it obviously reduces the effectiveness of the barely adequate 9x19 cartridge. Most customers buy a regular MP5 and fit a suppressor if they need it. Paint a magazine red for subsonic ammo and change to +P+ when needed. 9x19 is going out of favour with LE agencies who think they might encounter badguys in body armour.

________
Suzuki A95

1 - 14 of 14 Posts