·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decided to give the 45/70 an upgrade and lashed out yesterday and bought this,

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Nice. I hadn't seen that one yet. I just bought a Sig Romeo5 (2 MOA) for an AR, and have been using an Ultradot 4MOA on my Buckmark pistol for almost 20 years. Very handy for quick sight pictures. Do you mount it with a Weaver rail?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Nice. I hadn't seen that one yet. I just bought a Sig Romeo5 (2 MOA) for an AR, and have been using an Ultradot 4MOA on my Buckmark pistol for almost 20 years. Very handy for quick sight pictures. Do you mount it with a Weaver rail?
+1

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Kevin, I sent you a pm a wk back but checking back, no record here...dont know what I did or didn't do. Trying again on open forum.
Re fires that about engulfed you. W no news other than wrongful killin of some worthless dude that deserved sanctioning, idjits rioting and of course WuHan stuff, Down Under is definitely back burnered. Fill is in on status, impact, fall out when you have the time. Stay well and keep Thumpin w your punkin launcher. ;) Tom out

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Kevin, I sent you a pm a wk back but checking back, no record here...dont know what I did or didn't do. Trying again on open forum.
Re fires that about engulfed you. W no news other than wrongful killin of some worthless dude that deserved sanctioning, idjits rioting and of course WuHan stuff, Down Under is definitely back burnered. Fill is in on status, impact, fall out when you have the time. Stay well and keep Thumpin w your punkin launcher. ;) Tom out
Myself and family are in good shape and living in the country has big benefits. Sydney is copping it big time with a second outbreak of the Chink bug now infecting suburbs and the big hope is that none of these idiots will come out this way and infect us but people are just stupid.

Haven't seen them as yet not saying that I haven't looked much as I've been away and then not long changed over to a new computer and then this site along with a few others have changed their web sites around a bit.

More than likely it's probably me and my less than impressive skills on a computer but I'll have a look again but it could also be that when you sent your pm through it may have come through after I had changed over to this new one.

Anyway...………………………………….. the fires we had here were down on our South Coast about 5 hours away from where I live so there was no threat here but the devastation down there was horrific and at that time the whole country was in the grip of a drought that lasted probably around 3-4 years.
That's all changed now and most of the country has had a lot of rain so now things have gone from drought and dust storms to rain and a bit of flooding and that's basically what Australia's weather is like we're basically the driest continent on Earth.
Like the US Australia is afflicted with this Chinese bug and of course we have the idiots that think it's a govt. conspiracy thing and refuse to do what's required to stay safe and not spread the bug BUT as in the US we have these oxygen thief wankers who want to march and protest about this Black Lives thing and like a bunch of moronic mentally deficient sheep they gather and then suddenly there's another outbreak of the Chink bug.

The Police are fining these fine outstanding specimens of stupid a $1000 each for not social distancing, gathering in groups of more than 20 but still they march...…………...stupid is as stupid does.
The various states are shutting their borders and to cross them you need a very good reason to do so and the state of Victoria is just a hot bed of Chink Flu and the borders surrounding have been shut on all sides thanks basically to a Premier who's a complete idiot and that's degrading idiots.
A lot of businesses wont survive this and a lot of businesses now have people working from home only essential services are allowed to have people close together but must try and keep distancing.
We're basically an essential service keeping power supply maintained.

Hunting wise haven't been out much basically because of this bloody flu but also because it's been that wet the chances of getting bogged in the paddocks is getting to be better than 70%.
Planning to go back up to either r the Northern Territory fishing OR if that doesn't work back up to North Queensland pig hunting next year.

Hope all is good where you are.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There's a Weaver rail on it that I bought a few months back because I was looking at buying an AimPoint but the price for the AimPoint was way out of my price range.

When I went to fit the scope to the 45/70 the Leupold mounts won't fit so I'll have to get a different rail to fit the Leupold scope mounts on.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
So good to hear that you and yours are above the Chink fray.
Ya know, if Dumba$$ was a Conspiracy Theory, i would have to agree. So many idjits worldwide are dues paying members, totally unbelievable.
Ill be helping a neighbor pick, load melons a bit later then do donuts (go in circles) awaiting the Census to call. They dont have all their oars in the water. And when they do, well half the oarsmen are facing the wrong way. I just smile, say Yes'm, my new supe is a Shiela, and collect my temp part time check. Popped for an AMP annealer w Phase 1 earnings. Nice bit of kit, as you would say.
Well Mate, keep yer powder dry and keep chunkin those punkins.

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Kevin, the Weaver is not exactly the same as a 1911 Picatinney rail, which is waht the military uses. They are close, but not identical. The 1911 has more slots and more evenly spaced. The Weavers are not, usually. My Buckmark is a Weaver, and I had to make sure my Ultra Dot has individual rings to make sure it fit in the slots.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So good to hear that you and yours are above the Chink fray.
Ya know, if Dumba$$ was a Conspiracy Theory, i would have to agree. So many idjits worldwide are dues paying members, totally unbelievable.
Ill be helping a neighbor pick, load melons a bit later then do donuts (go in circles) awaiting the Census to call. They dont have all their oars in the water. And when they do, well half the oarsmen are facing the wrong way. I just smile, say Yes'm, my new supe is a Shiela, and collect my temp part time check. Popped for an AMP annealer w Phase 1 earnings. Nice bit of kit, as you would say.
Well Mate, keep yer powder dry and keep chunkin those punkins.
Mate honestly if brains were dynamite most of these animated meat socks wouldn't have enough to blow the hat off their heads on a windy day.

May be going for a shot this Saturday chasing either pigs or deer with the 30/06AI and a couple of mates weather dependant of course.

Have a good day.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Kevin, the Weaver is not exactly the same as a 1911 Picatinney rail, which is waht the military uses. They are close, but not identical. The 1911 has more slots and more evenly spaced. The Weavers are not, usually. My Buckmark is a Weaver, and I had to make sure my Ultra Dot has individual rings to make sure it fit in the slots.
Yeah I'm finding that out the hard way but hopefully will have that problem fixed by the weekend. I'll post pictures of the finished setup when that does happen.(y)

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Tinman, I too shoot an Ultradot and have encountered the Weaver/Picatinny differences. I'm sure you are cognizant but in case someone else is less savvy, I'll offer this tip.
When mounting the rings, seat them to the front, against the slot on a powder actuated shootin iron. To the rear for a springer air gun. This way, the recoil just keeps seating the cross bolt, bar against the base. Fwiw. 👍

1 - 11 of 11 Posts