Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
but Doug has still got me beat with CHERRY PIE on his recent Wrangler purchase.

Bought the new Taurus TX22 16-shot .22 and wrung it out good at the club. Good as advertised and reviewed with flawless functioning through 200 rounds more or less of CCI’s finest ..MiniMag, Stingers and Velocitors. Shot to POA at 10 yds with Dave offhand grouping.

Striker fired poly frame and magazines (2) with aluminum slide and threaded steel barrel with an adapter for suppressor. It is lightweight at just over 17 oz unloaded and kind of surprised me with pretty snappy recoil with Velocitors, a 40 gr high velocity, on first shots.

Another fun .22 plinker ...and you don’t have to stop and reload every 6-10 shots. Magazines easy loading.

My first Taurus was a .38 I bought new for less than $30 more than 35 years ago that gave me great service until I gave to a friend who probably passed on to a son when he died- suspect my son or one of the grands will be trying to wear this out when I’m gone.

.22 are just fun.

Best.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Those sure feel good in the hands (I've looked at them, too), but I've got a Smith M&P Compact and the 4.5" Ruger SR-22 already, so I probably won't buy another. With the wife's purple SR-22, and that Wrangler I bought, I think we're doing pretty well in the .22 handgun realm.

Keep a close eye on the front of your slide, I saw one on Faceboog that had broken. The owner thought it might be that he screwed the suppressor on too close to the slide, and the slide kept hitting the suppressor, which sheered it off.
Otherwise, he was really happy with it.

·
Registered
9,240 Posts
Ain't so

Now every city and place is locked down:confused:
I don't know where you are, my friend, but IN is nowhere near "locked down". Confusion does reign because it's fueled by panic. When the media starts using terms like "lock down" everybody buys that crap and goes haywire. The governor of IN has asked people to stay home, which is a good idea, but the list of places which are open for business is as long as your arm. They don't want you driving around but gas stations are expressly allowed to remain open. Gun shops are also on the list of "essential businesses" which can remain open along with grocery stores, pharmacies, and construction sites and suppliers. Restaurants are open for carryout or delivery. Do a little research. You'll be surprised at what is open.

I'm doing my part by staying home but not because of an imaginary lock down.

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
I agree with what Doug said. The curve is getting flattened in many places, especially in some areas of the West cost and Northwest. . From what I can read and hear, NYC and Boston are hot spots that are still growing fast. Big cities are worse than most smaller cities. This virus is serious, so just don't do anything stupid.

Things that are considered non-essentials are bars, entertainment, nail salons, tattoo parlors, dine-in only restaurants and other places where people congregate.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts