Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
12,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So im back in the SAVAGE business thats right i said it!
This rifle i bought the F-class 6BR new back when they first came out 2005ish im thinking?
I sold it to DonM before it even had a scope on it .that same day i ordered another one sold it to lee bullock believe it or not consecutive serial numbers!...anyway don shot it in local matchs alot and maybe pdogs?
Lee ended up with both rifles somehow .
The other day i ask did he still have them he said yes no surprise there . Then i ask would he sale one cause i had decided to build another 284win and wanted to try a criterion barrel from NSS ..he said yes that was a surprise! So i bought it and a extra 30BR Lilja barrel with it at a fair price to!
So winter project begins! Think ill shot it in 6br for a while tho . Thought i would share !

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
George I know what you mean, once you have been bit by the SAVAGE Bug, you cant get away from them for too long, I am on a trade right now for a .270 to build one on this winter.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Welcome back to the best brand!
Is that a large shank or a small shank receiver?

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
^^^^^ is that good or bad George? I hate to say it, but I’ve never owned a Savage….and they used to be a sponsor for 2-3 shows son did for mossy oak. I will say one of the grandson‘s has one and it is a good shooter. May have to try one some day.

·
Registered
12,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
^^^^^ is that good or bad George? I hate to say it, but I’ve never owned a Savage….and they used to be a sponsor for 2-3 shows son did for mossy oak. I will say one of the grandson‘s has one and it is a good shooter. May have to try one some day.
Its all good..im a older model Remington man but those rattling floating bolt headed savages just plain work....the 110 and the target models are the only ones I've had. And all of them were great shooters.

·
Administrator
3,791 Posts
I had one Savage a 22-2550 that I put a Boyd laminated stock and it was a tack driver, why I sold it I don't know.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I've got 4 of the FV12's from Cabelas, had 5 but one didn't want to shoot consistently, so it's got a Shilen 6Br barrel screwed on it now. All the others have/are good shooters. Barrels look like crap, but no surprise there. :(

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
I only have two Savage, both 12BVSS-S, the single shots, one in 223 Rem and one in 220 Swift. Both shoot under 0.5MOA and the 223 shoots 3/8" group for 5 at 100yds, with factory Winchester Varmint Pak 45gr HP.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I have a few myself. Various calibers, they work well for me for my prairie dog rigs. Just to easy to swap barrels on no muss no fuss. I prefer the old flat back actions to the new round ones. Never had any complaints about the stagger feed either. They would feed from the magazine or single with no problems.
The new round actions center feed I have fixed all of them to single shots and went on.

Probably be one of those rifles I wish I had kept, sold my F/TR 308 to fund a new build. Bighorn action, now I have to nail down if I want a repeater or single shot.
I would go with another Defiance but the Bighorn has Savage thread and I have a barrel or two that needs a home.

I can deal with the savage accu trigger or even the old original.
I Remingtons I tried the Trigger Tech and won’t complain, very usable but it ain’t no Jewel.

·
Registered
12,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ok i need to order a 20 moa base
Are the EGW any good seems cheap $35 on Amazon
The target action are m12 are short action round top right?.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts