Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have any hard info on the TZZ. It is my understanding that it is made in Israel. I have some 45 ACP & 223 with the TZZ head stamp on it. 2nd ??? -[IMI - SS 109 ] I heard was military , but there is no sign of a Crimp on the cases that I have. Also have a couple that just have [IMI 223 REM] All the cases seem -2-weigh between 92 & 94 grn,s . IMI ='s [Israeli-Military-Industries] is that correct ??? TIA -4-any Info. Russ.

·
Registered
41 Posts
TZZ is made by IMI...

"TZZ" is the transliterated abbreviation of the first letter in each word of the company's (IMI) complete Hebrew name... "ta'asiyah tsva'i tsion".

This is from the IMI website. Regards....Jack

·
Registered
243 Posts
Question along the same lines

I have some 223 brass with WCC headstamp (Win ??)------new and primed with crimped primers.

This brass came in a large bag that was marked---"Made in Israel".

Does anybody know if this is made by IMI and if so, is it made as tough as the brass with the IMI headstamp ?

Thanks for any answers.

A. Weldy

·
Registered
329 Posts
I have some 223 brass with WCC headstamp (Win ??)------new and primed with crimped primers.

This brass came in a large bag that was marked---"Made in Israel".

Does anybody know if this is made by IMI and if so, is it made as tough as the brass with the IMI headstamp ?

Thanks for any answers.

A. Weldy
Winchester has plants in Israel.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Russ, I did an experiment on the TZZ.......

I compared the neck thickness along with internal capacity in grains of water. The TZZ was exactly the same as IMI.

Next was to compare it's ability to with stand pressure limits that I push the IMI to. I shot the same loads (26.3g of N-133 with the 50g Nosler) in the IMI and the TZZ and I could not tell the difference, the TZZ grouped like the IMI which was in the high 2's at 100.

Next, I fire formed some to 223 AI(26.5g of N-133With 50g)...no difference in IMI. On the formed loads, I also could not tell the difference(27.5g of N-133 with the 50's).

You are lucky to get the TZZ to say the least!

Good luck!

·
Registered
92 Posts
IMI TZZ once fired

I know this is proabley the wrong place to post this. Sorry!
I sure would like to find 1000pcs. of IMI. Brassman doesn't have any?
Sur would like any advice!
Thanks for you replys
Jack

·
Registered
79 Posts
There were some press releases a couple of years ago that Winchester had signed contracts with IMI to produce some ammo for Winchester, it is widely believed that IMI was making Winchester White Box for awhile, I don't know if that is still the case or not. I have seen Winchester White Box 223 without crimps and with crimps, my educated guess is that the crimped 223 was probably manufactured by IMI.

In this photo you will see the cases on the left are crimped and the cases on the right aren't, all have the exact same headstamp, and both came out of WWB ammo boxes, but not the same box, the non crimped box was an older box of WWB, the crimped was current production at the time and was likely made by IMI.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts