Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Sterling Thumbhole Right & Left Hand Stocks and Standard Encore & Contender – “G1″ Stocks
Forends available for: Muzzleloaders · Rifles · Heavy Rifles · Shotguns

We have dramatically increased our product line to include over 9500 standard makes and models; in addition, 10′s of THOUSANDS of Customizable Stock options for many of our designs, to make your standard stock a unique, one of a kind, stand-out firearm!!

Link: Thompson Center Arms Encore and Contender Replacement Stocks and Forends

If you have any questions or problems navigating the new site, please do not hesitate to contact our Sales Team. We can be reached Monday – Friday, 8:00am – 4:30pm CST at (605) 996-5011.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Got my Contender thumble stock set - looks just like my old set - buttstock fits fine - forearm holes are wrong ! 3 phone calls over a weeks time and still no real answer !! Hope they didn't make a big run of forearms w/ wrong layout ....:eek:

·
Administrator
1,867 Posts
Could it be possible

that they switched the encore forearm for the contender. Just a thought the two are similar. I have not held them side by side but possible. The screw holes are really different as is the size. Just a thought of an absent minded individual.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Incorrect Contender Heavy Rifle forend

ArkyKen,

I found out I have the same problem with my new forend. Tried to install it on my carbine barrel and the holes are drilled too close together. Tried it on a Super 14 pistol barrel and it fits! I'll call them today.

·
Registered
76 Posts
hole placement.

ArkyKen,

I found out I have the same problem with my new forend. Tried to install it on my carbine barrel and the holes are drilled too close together. Tried it on a Super 14 pistol barrel and it fits! I'll call them today.
keep us up to date on their customer service, with this problem.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Boyds Contender Forend

Customer service is trying to help but I don't think they know what they are selling. I ordered the Heavy rifle forend which they told me should have 3-1/8" hole spacing, which it does. I told them the hole spacing for a rifle is 3-1/2", then she told me that I need the standard rifle forend. She didn't seem to understand that any factory Contender rifle barrel needs the 3-1/2" spacing. So I'll see what they send me next.

·
Registered
11 Posts
recognize the difference

Aside from difference in spacing, Contender forearm holes must have countersink on inside against barrel to accommodate dovetail sleeve
Encore forearm holes are straight bore with countersink to outside finish only.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts