Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellas, just found out from a good friend/customer that I am invited to a spring turkey hunt in Bracken Co. Ky. Never met this gent in person, but spent several minutes on the phone over the years (2012). Just wondering how the terrain is because I sure never been in that part of Gods creation. Looks like decent hunting according to Ky wildlife 274 bird harvested in 2018. Thanks for any information pertaining to turkey hunting, Tim

·
Registered
977 Posts
Hey fellas, just found out from a good friend/customer that I am invited to a spring turkey hunt in Bracken Co. Ky. Never met this gent in person, but spent several minutes on the phone over the years (2012). Just wondering how the terrain is because I sure never been in that part of Gods creation. Looks like decent hunting according to Ky wildlife 274 bird harvested in 2018. Thanks for any information pertaining to turkey hunting, Tim
Tim there not but 275 birds in tha county. W/a little luck you may get that
one straggler. LDS

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Bracken County

You’re getting close to my neck of the woods now. Bracken county is pretty hilly. The biggest town is Augusta, along the Ohio river, where George Clooney is from. Other than that, it is wooded hills and farmland. I’m sure some of the terrain you would be hunting is rather steep but for the most part, I would consider them rolling hills. Lots of turkey around there and so many deer that some say they have become a nuisance.

Good Luck

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you CarlP, if its going to be such a nice place I am thinking something to really look forward to.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts