Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted a nice photo of my 11 yr old granddaughter Saturday morning. She doesn't shoot, she doesn't hunt, she doesn't fish, she doesn't play softball anymore ............ but she can fly!

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
I saw the other photo and she is indeed on her way to being a stunningly beautiful lady.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Lovely and talented - great combination, Grandad.

Best,
Dave

·
Registered
9,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
She does several types of dance, Rick. Ballet, contemporary (whatever that is), tap, hip-hop, maybe others. The above photo was from her "Junior Lyrical Solo". Looked like ballet to me. She was also in a performance with 6 other girls and a tap trio.

Charlie, she got her looks from her mom but her grace and agility from me! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
Years ago I saw a guy on a PD Safari in Colorado leap just like Doug's granddaughter. Can't remember if it was JR or Birdog, but I think the latter. He was so far off that we could barely see him through our binocs. I was watching, trying to figure out who it was, when the dude jumped straight into the air and, I swear, he hovered just like one of those electric drones. We found out later, over the campfire, that he was about to put his boot on a rattlesnake, so levitating seemed like a better plan. :LOL:

·
Registered
9,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Mike, you may remember Sid Packard. He and I walked up on a rattler on the Rosebud once. Sid set a world record for the backward broad jump and I was a close second. They will make you agile!

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
Mike, you may remember Sid Packard. He and I walked up on a rattler on the Rosebud once. Sid set a world record for the backward broad jump and I was a close second. They will make you agile!
I remember Sid well. And as I recall there was another guy from up that way who came to the Somerset shoots with him. What was that guy's name. Both real nice guys, for Yankees. 😉

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Great picture! My youngest Granddaughter is into gymnastics and posted some pretty high scores at a meet over the weekend.

·
Registered
9,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Mikey, you aren’t referring to Paul & Ami Workman are you? They were in northern IL. Sid lived in a suburb of Chicago. There was also a guy from northern IN who shot a Contender or Encore but I don’t recall his name. Been a while since we’ve seen any of them.

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
Mikey, you aren’t referring to Paul & Ami Workman are you? They were in northern IL. Sid lived in a suburb of Chicago. There was also a guy from northern IN who shot a Contender or Encore but I don’t recall his name. Been a while since we’ve seen any of them.
It could be that it was Paul, before Ami started coming. I just remember there were two guys from the Chicago area that rode down together for several of the early years.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts