Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this isn't the most popular 7 out there and there probably isn't a lot of demand for the brass, so once I finish my project....... Where can I find good brass for it. If I can't buy it, what should I start with to make it? I would appreciate all the info I can get.

By the way..... the project is a 7mm STW on a Rem 700 long action. Shilen #7 barrel. Barrel is on order and I am looking for a stock, which seems like it may be the hardest part of the puzzle. If anyone has a varmint style stock for sale, I am all ears.
Thanks Bob

·
Registered
6 Posts
Factory brass is readily available for the 7STW as is factory ammo.

Midway, Midsouth, Natchez, etc should have the brass.

I have bought R-P & WW brass from some of these places, don't recall which place.

7STW is a necked down 8mm magnum. Am pretty sure the 375 H&H is same case.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
7 Stw

Mike Bryant finished mine up a couple of months ago.

It is a LA Model 70 and is pillar bedded to a McMillan Supergrade stock in 80% black, 10% olive and 10% brown. It has a Broughton # 4 contour 5R barrel. A great shooter.

Brass is avaliable from the usual sources, like Midway. I bought my last brass from Natchez.

Keep us posted on your rifle!!

·
Registered
826 Posts
WARNING: Remington brass is very soft......

you will loose primer pockets early in the brass life. Winchester is MUCH harder and will last a lot longer than Remington. Bottom line, if you use Remington brass, you will be forced to shoot lower velocity loads vs. Winchester because of pressure problems.

I shoot the 140's at 3650 out of a 25 1/2" barrel and have yet to throw away a Winchester case after 4 firings. The same load in a Remington Case may last One or Two firings at the most!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.