Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
12,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Helped my bud the other night mount a depth finder and he paid me with a Kosher 8 lb brisket flat. He works at a Jewish camp and their freezer went down. Win for me!

I don't know how I do it but I do the fastest brisket around. Should take an hour a pound, but not mine. Put this puppy on about 8:00 and it's already up to 170 and rising. I'm only smoking it at 220°???

I did an 18 pounder at Christmas, on a cold ass night and it was WAY overdone in 6 hours???

I just wrapped this one in butchers paper and will do it to 195 and then pull it and let it rest in a cooler wrapped in towels until later this afternoon. Be good as long as I don't overdo it. LOL

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Well that is way to fast. Google said it will take me 42 hours to drive there. I guess you could pick me up at MDT.😋

·
Administrator
12,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah I don't think you'll make it Lee. Pulled it off at 195 internal at 12:30. Didn't unwrap it but it "felt" good. Kinda floppy, if that makes sense. Not stiff and overdone. Wrapped in a towel and into the cooler. It will continue to cook slightly and finish off about 200. It will be nice and hot at 5 pm when we take it out to eat. I'll snap some pics then.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts