Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi There. I'm new here. Sure looks like a great forum.
I need to start out with a question. A freind of mine has entrusted me with a pair of Browning A5's that belonged to his late father in law.
I went to a web site that had serial number info and have determined that the light 20 was made in 64 and the light 12 in 65.
I know the number of asterics (sp?) on the barrel denote the choke but can't remenmber the code. These each have 2. Any help there?
I don't know if it's appropriate to ask the value here but that's my other question. They have some minimal handling marks and do not have the original cartons but I believe they are unfired. I'd guess they'd be rated at 90%. Some fancy scroll work and gold triggers. Very pretty shotguns. I might buy them from him myself.Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
81 Posts
BROWNING CHOKES AND THEIR CODES (ON REAR LEFT-SIDE OF BARREL)

* designates full choke (F).

*- designates improved modified choke (IM).

** designates modified choke (M).

**- designates improved cylinder choke (IC).

**$ designates skeet (SK).

*** designates cylinder bore (CYL).

INV. designates barrel is threaded for Browning Invector choke tube system.

INV. PLUS designates back-bored barrels

·
Registered
40 Posts
buy those humpbacks,

they always work when others fail. only had 1 failure in this a5's career (when it was full of salt water after a long stalk in a marsh).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.