Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the way out of a stand, Grant dropped his Browning Micro Medallion. The wood stock was terminated and what a beauty it was. It is broken where the stock receives the rifle at the tang. On one side it is broken all the way through and the other it is cracked. Not much chance of salvaging this stock. The glass on top survived without a scratch and everything else seems okay. He had unloaded his rifle before descending. The help I need from yall is...what stock do I put on it :confused: This is a short lightweight deer hunting rifle. I have looked on line and don't see any options other than going back to Browning....any there any? Will this action fit in other Browning stocks....could I put a short A Bolt synthetic stock on this action? Your thoughts are appreciated. -Cliff-

·
Registered
365 Posts
I'm about positive that nothing else will fit it. Your three choices are: repair it, replace it from the factory or have one custom made. That is pretty much in the order of cash outlay required.

The gunsmith who used to fix guns for the store I worked in could literally take a basket of sticks and turn them back into a gunstock. He'd use brass reinforcing rods internally, and MicroBed compound for glue and surgical tubing for uniform pressure. When he was done, you could not even see the break lines, and it was stronger than new.

I think I'd try that first. It will be cheapest, and if it doesn't work, you aren't out much time, effort or money.

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Poor Grant

Hi Cliff You might want to look up on Brownells, or Call Wenig to see if you can get a stock from them. www.wenig.com

Geauuuuuuux TIGERS!!!! Catch ya later buddy. WD

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
ouch.....that left a mark, didn't it.
I think I'd give Rocky's suggestion a try. It's amazing what you can do with epoxy and reinforcing rods.

BTW- Got the gift for the Olsen's on the way. Send me an email and we'll discuss your part. Oh yeah, got you some summer sausage lined up.

Rick

·
Registered
37 Posts
I feel your pain...

Two years ago my old fat azzed mare staggered going between a couple of quakies and pretty well terminated my s/a Browning stock. I looked for a year at shows, on ebay, etc etc and finally broke down and am having one made. A local 'smith -semi-retired - is doing the work so I can afford it. The only other alternative is to have McMillan make one for you.
Good Luck!!
george

·
Registered
726 Posts
Cliff, Browning still lists this stock in their Parts List

If you go to the Browning Web Site, you can download both their parts list and their order form from this web page:

http://www.browning.com/services/gunpartsprices/index.asp

They still list this stock as being able to order. Here is the part number and description to order:

B3578903 STOCK: SHORT ACTION MICRO MEDALLION Suggested Retail Price: $298.75

You could either order direct, or see if a dealer or distributor could order and offer you can kind of discount off this price.

These are gorgeous stocks, that is for sure.

Lance in Orygun

1 - 6 of 6 Posts