Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently saw a 3.5-10 ballistic reticle Brunton rifle scope at a sports shop. I have been looking for a bullet drop reticle scope and actually went there to check out a Nikon. I didn't like the Nikon's little circles. But I noticed a Brunton 3.5-10 X 50mm scope with a ballistic reticle. It seemed pretty clear and similar in quality to Swift scopes. Do you have any thoughts or experience on the Brunton optic line or ballistic reticle scopes in general. I always appreciate the information on this board.

Hairy

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
I haven't seen the Brunton scopes, but I own two pairs of Brunton Eterna binocs. With the exception of my wife's Bushnell Elite's, they are as good as any I've ever used. I bought the older pair here on this board several years ago for $100. They needed some cleaning and had some trash loose inside. I sent them off to Brunton and they were returned in a very short time with all the repairs done well, recharged and a new strap....no charge.

I have used these for 10-12 hrs at a time spotting prairie dogs and never had any eye strain. I would not take $500 for them. If their rifle scopes are anything like the binocs, I'd get them in a heartbeat.

Rick

·
Registered
351 Posts
I recently saw a 3.5-10 ballistic reticle Brunton rifle scope at a sports shop. I have been looking for a bullet drop reticle scope and actually went there to check out a Nikon. I didn't like the Nikon's little circles. But I noticed a Brunton 3.5-10 X 50mm scope with a ballistic reticle. It seemed pretty clear and similar in quality to Swift scopes. Do you have any thoughts or experience on the Brunton optic line or ballistic reticle scopes in general. I always appreciate the information on this board.

Hairy
I don't have one of their new rifles scope, but have a pair of their 10X compact binolculars and they're okay. I know the NRA recently contracted with Brunton to make their signature line of rifle scopes. I saw the 6-24X varmint model at the NRA Convention in Milwaukee last year and it seemed real nice and moderately priced. I plan on trying that model as soon as I see one for sale. I would hope the NRA wouldn't contract to make junk.

Chris

·
Registered
726 Posts
Wow, I did not know Brunton had scopes available!

Where can I find these Brunton Scopes? I have not seen these anywhere online or in local shops yet.

Like GreyFox, I also own two pairs of the Brunton Eterna Binoculars. And also like him, I would not trade them for anything else.

Before I bought my second pair, I looked at every other brand there was. And I decided to buy another set of Bruntons.

Here are my two Brunton Eternas:

The older 10x42 Eternas are on the left. They are pretty heavy and bulky. On the right, is my newer 11x45 Eterna This is one of the current models. Still has great optics, but it is much lighter and compact, despite having larger lenses and magnification.

Lance in Orygun

·
Registered
726 Posts
Since it has the NRA Logo

does this mean that some of the profits go to the NRA?

I would assume that must be the case. Either that, or some kind of licensing fee to use the NRA name.

Lance in Orygun

·
Registered
351 Posts
does this mean that some of the profits go to the NRA?

I would assume that must be the case. Either that, or some kind of licensing fee to use the NRA name.

Lance in Orygun
I would assume so too. Is that a problem? Makes me more likely to buy one.

Chris

·
Registered
726 Posts
Wow Chris, I now see what you meant about the 50 mm objective

The specs say that the scope weighs 25 oz!! ouch, that is heavy!

From how good their binoculars are, though, I am still interested in seeing how well they perform optically.

Lance in Orygun

·
Registered
351 Posts
Lance,

For me, it's more about height above the stock than weight. With a 40mm objective, like on the Bushnell Elite 4200's, I can use Warne bases and Burris medium Signature Zee rings. That places the bell just about 2mm above my heavy varmint barrels. When I go to a 42mm objective, like on the Sightron SII's, I can jump to the slightly higher Weaver Grand Slam bases and still use Burris medium Signature Zee rings. However, once I go to a 44mm scope, I have to jump to Burris high rings to clear the barrel and that just makes the scope a little to high for me.

Chris

1 - 9 of 9 Posts