Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mike/John,

I see how to add or remove members from a Buddy List, but what specifically does this enable? Also, what does putting a member on your Ignore List prevent? - PM's maybe?

I prefer the new format. Just takes some getting used to and playing with to figure out.

Thanks,

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
No clue really Theo.. I think the ignore feature though will basically not show you any posts from that person.. probably has something with the PM function too.

Adding someone to the list may give you a notice that they've posted something.. not sure about that. Haven't really tried it at all...

·
Registered
230 Posts
Used for PMs mostly.

Mike/John,

I see how to add or remove members from a Buddy List, but what specifically does this enable? Also, what does putting a member on your Ignore List prevent? - PM's maybe?

I prefer the new format. Just takes some getting used to and playing with to figure out.

Thanks,
If you look at Options and PM options then you can select if you want everyone to have the ability to send you PM, only admins, and buddies & admins. I had not thought about it letting you filter more than PMs but it might.

So if you add someone to your buddies list then they can send you PMs if you allow it buddies to send you PMs. Also if you look at the main page with the list of forums...at the bottom is a list of who is currently logged in and if there is + beside their name then they are a buddy to you.

Note even if you add them to your buddies list you may not be able to send them a PM since they may have it disabled or you are on their ignore list. Same for them...you could add them to the ignore list. So lets say you have it open to everyone then if someone was bugging you or harrassing you then ;you could add them to the ignore list.

Hope that helps,
DB

·
Administrator
1,552 Posts
From the FAQ Link at the top of the page...

What are the buddy and ignore lists?

The buddy list is used to keep track of the friends you have made on this forum. By going to your "Open Buddy List" in "Quick Links" menu of the navbar, you'll be able to see which of your friends are currently online and send them a private message. Adding people to your buddy list also allows you to send private messages to multiple forum members at the same time. You may add any member of the forums to your buddy list by viewing their profile or by going to "Buddy / Ignore Lists" in your "User CP".

Ignore lists are used for those people whose messages you wish not to read. By adding someone to your ignore list, those messages posted by these individuals will be hidden when you read a thread.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts