Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning to have Clark Custom Rifles build me a new deer rifle in 260 Rem.
I'm looking at a Krieger barrel and probably an HS stock (but I'm open to suggestions).
My donor action is from a Rem 700 22-250. Will the magazine box be long enough for proper bullet seating with deer bullets? Or should I trade my gunsmith for a long action?

Thanks in advance.
Kyle

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Get a 260 round...

and try it in the magazine...then you'll know. Everybody's idea of a perfect deer round is different. I personally think you'll like the 260. It'll do the job. As far as the rifle part...go with what YOU want. :D

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's what I needed to know...

and it works out best for me to be able to use my donor. I know some cartridges are iffy in a short action magazine and I didn't want to hinder myself. I wasn't sure about the 260.

I picked the 260 because it was about halfway between my 6mm and 270 plus it has a good reputation. This will be my 3rd custom rifle
(17M4,223).....if I'd have known then what it was going to do to my savings account in the future, I'd've never got that first one made.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I had a .260 built on a M-7 action by Mike Bryant a few years back, used a #3 contour barrel and HS stock. It was one of the sweetest handling rifles I've had.

Michael

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.