Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to see 6mm. bullet holes on paper at 500 yards, cause' I can't see them with my 8.5-25X 50mm. VXIII LRT.(which will be for sale after I buy a new LCS) My question is, will I be able to see them with a 35X 45mm. Leupold Competion Scope? I know the 40X 45mm. will see them, but when the mirage is bad, it makes it tougher with the 40X. All responses welcome!

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
I got the Leupold 15 to 30X scope and love it for scouting for game, but doubt if you could see a 6mm hole at 600 yrds. unless lite was just right. If you don`t want to much for that scope I might be intrested in it, give me a PM when you get ready to sell it.

·
Registered
3,317 Posts
I dont know if your goal is attainable. Even with the best spotting scopes, it will be mighty tough, let alone a rifle scope.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Buddy and I were shooting a few weeks ago, and I was able to see .224 holes at 500 yds! Targets were on a backboard of a manila folder, and I was using my scope set on 21x. The sun was apparently just right, but I could see the holes. You might try some of the shoot-n-see targets with a manila folder, worth a try.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.