Varmint Hunters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just wanted to give everyone a heads up to stay away from Kings Ammo sales located in league city Texas.I sent him a credit card order for some 223 cal.ammo.Mr Curt King(owner) charged my credit card $125.00 and never sent my ammo.I called him and told him he had charged my credit card and I never recieved my ammo.I told him to forget my order.Mr king told me he would send a check in full for the $125.00 bucks,that was Jan.2nd,2007.I have tryed to call him back and emails have been sent to see if the check was sent,he will not return any of my calls or emails.Just want to save others the headaches of dealing with these folks,frank c.:mad:

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I hope things work out, but here's a good reason to load your own.
Ole,I 100 percent agree with you,if I had more time on my hands I would.I usally work 60-80 hours a week for the local power company trying to keep the lights on LOL.Maybe when I retire in a few more years I will find the time:D

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
UPDATE Kings ammo !!

I spoke with the league city police dept. today and filed a complaint with them.They told me Curt King (owner)of Kings ammo has also defrauded another person from new york state out of ammo he bought.I have filed a complaint with Visa cerdit card company.Please buyer beware,do not buy From KINGS AMMO SALES located in league city texas.frank c.:mad:

·
Registered
169 Posts
A suggestion

Why don`t we get mercinary about it and all of us email him. Every day. Til he returns your money. And a written apoligy letter. Something like this:
Dear Mr. King,
It has come to my attention, and the attention of 323,597 other folks on the internet hunting forums that you have inadvertantly missed shipping a friends order that was paid for and has not been delivered despite repeated attempts to have you ship it.

The internet is a powerful tool that can make or break a small business, especially one that relies on a small customer base, all of whom share good and bad experiences with each other. One wouldn`t want to have something as simple as an overlooked order cause him much grief and loss of revenue.

Mr. King, I`m sure it was just an oversight and that the order is probably on its way by now. I`ll be waiting to hear the good news from my friend that his 223 ammo arrived in good order. So will the other 323,596 (give or take 200,000) sportsmen and women that are following this thread.

Thanks for your time. I wish for you a successful business and continued honesty, integrity and health.
Sincerely, a fellow shooter of long range, silenced, flash suppressed, and extremely accurate "Varmint" rifles...........

Just send us the email and the "go ahead", and I bet a lot of these folks will send it on its way.

·
Registered
233 Posts

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Email from me too. Good luck Frank.

Why cant these stiffs ever live near me?

"Hi, are you Mr. King"?

Sure am........can I help you?

"No, but you can help my buddy Frank up in Jerome Michigan. You remember him, you stiffed him out of $125, and wont respond to him now. Heres my cell phone, lets call Frank, right now, and tell him what it is with his order".

In fact, he may get a phone call soon.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Does he have a fax?

I had a person owe me several hundred dollars and sent him about a hundred bills in one night by FAX (from my computer).

Next day he called and told me to stop. I think I ran him out of FAX paper overnight.

I agreed under the condition that he pay. I got paid.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Email from me too. Good luck Frank.

Why cant these stiffs ever live near me?

"Hi, are you Mr. King"?

Sure am........can I help you?

"No, but you can help my buddy Frank up in Jerome Michigan. You remember him, you stiffed him out of $125, and wont respond to him now. Heres my cell phone, lets call Frank, right now, and tell him what it is with his order".

In fact, he may get a phone call soon.
John,I reiceved a call last night from officer Pena fron the league city texas police dept,she told me they sent a police car to his house and spoke to my king about my owed money and the guys money from NY state.He told them the checks were sent.Ya right.Mr king also called me about 30 minutes after his visit and told me his lawyers would get ahold of me and hung up in my ear.LOL.I called officer pena back and told her what had happened.She also put that down in her report.I guess we will wait and see what happens now.PS thanks to everyone on the board for your support,that is what makes this board GREAT.:) frank c.

·
Registered
5,362 Posts
The name King's Ammo came up on another board as well. This guy's reputation is headed for the toilet.

I'm a mod on another board & we have a blacklist of vendors who do not provide service as promised. I've added King's Ammo with a link to that blacklist.

Good Luck with your recovery.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Just be careful........

Frank, you're going about it the right way by going thru the authorities to get your money back. As far as calling the guy, very unwise idea. With the way laws are poised these days he could easily file harassment charges if people call him about this. Especially other who may want to "help out", they have nothing in it and need to stand clear. Phone and internet records are so easy for LE to get hold of so you're not anonymous by any means.

Frank, you're on the right track. I feel that Visa will get you your money back eventually. They deal with these kinds of turds all the time.

Good luck sir!

·
Registered
194 Posts
I may have to go and give him a visit since League city is about 15 miles down the road from me.
I am in Southwest Houston, but if he sells ammo, he may be armed. Best to let the Police and credit card people deal with him.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Dear Frank Coolbaugh,

Fact:
On 2/7/07 $125.41 was wire transferred to you as a refund via Western Union, several days later you picked it up.

Fact:
On 3/2/07 $125.41 was taken out of my account by your bank. According to the Galveston County District Attorneys this constitutes wire fraud and should be dealt with by Federal authorities.

You have until 5 p.m. August 2nd to wire $125.41 via Western Union to me or I will let the Feds. Deal with you. I will hit you with civil charges and report you to the credit bureaus, thereby damaging your credit. If I do not hear from you by the First I will refer this problem to the Feds.

Have a Day,
Mr. King

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Mr. King

If you are the King's ammo Mr. King I do not think you should be on this message board putting your personal problems on it weather it is with a board member or not. They are personal for a reason.

I also believe that you should not have posted the members full name on the board either. Nor do I think you should be posting any information about any kind of legal case you are in now or going to file soon towards the member on this board.

This is not a place to start fighting. According to the board member he placed an order and never recieved it and was recieved any answers to phone calls or email. There for he took the only action he could he notified the buyers of the bad deal according to his outlook on it.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I don't understand why it is OK to slam Mr. King, and accuse him of being a cheat, and call for boycotts, and thousands of e-mails from people that had nothing to do with it...

... but it is not OK for him to reply with "HIS SIDE" of the story.

Lotsa business' have shortage problems... out of stock on something that was listed. Money gets returned.

It seems that Frank Coolbaugh got twice his money back... ???

So the problem is...???

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
I am not saying that he could not reply with his side of the story. But posting someones full name on the board and the information that he posted was out of line in my book.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.