Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning I went out hoping to show my Catahoula pup some coyotes. I was calling right on the edge of Blackfoot and on the 2nd stand 3 came smoking in. It is really fun to sit and watch 3 coyotes and 2 Catahoula's at about 50 feet. I let them spar for about 2 minutes and then shot a small female at about 30 yards. You can tell the breeding season is on. They are getting a little protective of their territory.
Good hunting,
Kirk

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
Good job Kirk. I need to get over to Sportsmans Warehouse and get the download attachment for the foxpro. It doesn't currently have any territorial sounds on it. I also need to get a replacement remote for the dogs training collar. I could then feel comfortable taking my GSP yote hunting as bait.

·
Registered
3,317 Posts
You have a Sportman's Warehouse in Jackson??:eek:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Larry,
I can meet you in CASPER at SW. I've got to go try some Schnee's on for size. They said try their wholesale (chinese) boots for size and then order their made in Montana boots. Let me know when you want to drive 3-4 hours for lunch.
Kirk, I'm thinking an Airedale or German Wire-haired Pointer might be in my future. Does the cold affect your shorthaired catahoulas or your GSP Larry?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My dogs deal with both the cold and the heat. This morning both dogs were hanging out the side of the truck with their faces in the wind and the cold here sucks. My wife and I just brought them both in the house to watch "Zorro" with us. They love the warm carpet and curl up next to me and go to sleep. When the movie was over they willingly follow me to their doghouse. Kind of funny, this morning they were battling coyotes and tonight they are couch-potatoes.
Sounds alot like me!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kirk

·
Registered
38 Posts
tell me about the Foxpro and Sportsman's warehouse.

Sounds like you can buy an attachment for the Foxpro and ad sounds? I have the older model with remote but wish I could get some new sounds. I have a Sportsman's warehouse fairly close to me. Is there something they are selling to ad sounds. tell me more

·
Registered
299 Posts
Not sure what ya have but..

Sounds like you can buy an attachment for the Foxpro and ad sounds? I have the older model with remote but wish I could get some new sounds. I have a Sportsman's warehouse fairly close to me. Is there something they are selling to ad sounds. tell me more
FWIW..
.. I have an older FoxPro 532B and just used the PG-1A unit this morning to change/add a few sounds.. It's prolly not as slick as the new unit but easy enough to work with that I ain't payin' the difference just yet..
..It's neat to take the existing sounds and modify and/or combine them with something like Goldwave.. At least ya can end up with some original/unique calls.. I dunno if it's any real advantage but it can be fun to play with if nothing else.. I'm better at the gadgets than the calling but I ain't quittin'.!! :D Good Luck.!! d:^) Jake

1 - 9 of 9 Posts