Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen several Savage Varmint rifles for sale with Canjar set triggers. Does anyone know what model # trigger is for Savage who is a dealer for Canjar or can I buy direct from Canjar ? I know I'm asking a lot of questions without a whole lot to go on but I would appreciate any help on this . Canjar was the first after market trigger I used years ago and just haven't dealt with them in a long time .
TIA

Rodney

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Rodney,
If your looking for a real good trigger try www.sharpshooterssupply.com. Fred has been makeing triggers for Savage rifles for years, and they are as good as any I`ve used. I just had him rebarrel a Savage to a .22 - 6mm and put his trigger in the gun. I could not be happer with it 1/2 moa or less with 80 gr. .22 cal. bullets at 3570 fps. That`s what I got so far, but it`s alittle cold around here for seriously working on loads.

·
Registered
330 Posts
trigger

I don't know Canjar, but did put a SSS trigger in a Savage recently. It was easy & turned out real well. I just rec'd a 2nd one for an '06 I'm working with. They are $80. delivered.

·
Registered
751 Posts
SSS triggers are "nice", but they don't hold a candle to a Canjar.

Whole different ball game.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Kaferhaus I have used SSS triggers since Fred started making them and cannot get them to be reliable below 1 1/2 lbs. The Sav-2 trigger is OK but is a bear to get adjusted sometimes. I just figured there had to be another option and I saw some Savages for sale with Canjar triggers on them . I remembered the old Canjar set triggers I used on my first Remington Varmint rifles and thought that would be the answer for using this action in competetion. Iam having trouble finding someone who deals in these triggers though.

Rodney

·
Registered
751 Posts
M.H. Canjar Co./Canjar Triggers 500 E. 45th Ave., Denver, CO 80216, Phone: (303) 295-2638.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the contact information . I'll call them and see what I need .

Rodney

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Kaferhaus I have used SSS triggers since Fred started making them and cannot get them to be reliable below 1 1/2 lbs. The Sav-2 trigger is OK but is a bear to get adjusted sometimes. I just figured there had to be another option and I saw some Savages for sale with Canjar triggers on them . I remembered the old Canjar set triggers I used on my first Remington Varmint rifles and thought that would be the answer for using this action in competetion. Iam having trouble finding someone who deals in these triggers though.

Rodney
Rodney I have the SSS competition trigger on my Savage 12FV for targets and PD's it's is set for 12 Oz. great trigger.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts