Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
7,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of you know my youngest son Captain Jesse Carter who has been gone from the USA for 3 1/2 years based in Italy with the 173rd. Airborne Brigade. He has been to every country in Europe but Poland with stints in Africa and the Middle East.
He recently completed his 18 month company command and was awarded several medals and commendations including one from the Italian Army for being an Outstanding Commander.
His comment was: " I didn't do Anything." I Survived."
He will be returning to the USA late next month and will be assigned to Ft. Knox, Ky. for his next tour of duty.
That's really great news to me as I may get to see him, wife and Grandaughter rather frequently.

I ain't bragging on him much, I'm just glad to hear he's coming back to USA for a while. It's going to be a culture shock for them i think.

·
Registered
652 Posts
The fingers on that little girl are small, but I bet she will have Granpa completely wrapped around her little finger in just a little while. I know you will thourhly enjoy that Big ole tough JR. LOL ahead of you.

·
Registered
7,246 Posts
JR, I'm only about 45 minutes from Fort Knox and would be happy to exchange phone numbers with CPT Jesse when they get here. One of my best friends was career Army and lives in Elizabethtown. He finished up at Knox and then worked there several more years as a DA civilian. He and his wife would be overjoyed to help answer any question CPT Jesse and his wife have in terms of moving to that area and helping them learn their way around. This guy was airborne as well.

You didn't mention "getting out." I hope that means CPT Jesse may stay for his 20. That'd make me real happy because we need good men like him standing ready to defend our great nation.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
You have every right to brag and be proud. You and Judy should be VERY proud. A perfect job was done raising him. Thank him for his service, and I look forward to shaking his hand someday. WD

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Well done...

And I mean to you all! Mom, Dad, wife and child (and of course Jesse) I'm sure you have all shaped him into being the young man he is.

Congrats

Steven

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
What a fine family. Know that you and JB are justifiably proud of each of them.

We share your joy on their return.

Do grands get their own DAMCOW?

Best.

·
Registered
7,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
What a fine family. Know that you and JB are justifiably proud of each of them.

We share your joy on their return.

Do grands get their own DAMCOW?

Best.
That little Rugrat can have a dozen if she wants them. And a Damcat.
Thank y'all for the nice comments on Jesse's return. It has been a hard pull being in Italy that long; they are done with Italy.
The medal he received from the Italian commander was called Eincomio Semplice medal and it is just NOT given out to Americans.

Jess was really proud of that medal which you see on the first photo. He has so.much crap that he looks like a Russian General in his dress uniform. Oh, and he is up for promotion to Major which will happen in the future.
The little kid is rapidly turning into a little girl.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.