Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday tctom posted a picture of some Cheddite 209 primers and I believe that is the first time I’ve ever seen any. I’ve seen hulls, wads, and primers listed in reloading manuals but I’ve never used them, nor have I ever seen them in a store. Do any of you have any experience with them ? If so, how do you like them ?

·
Administrator
4,231 Posts
I have always used Win 209's and CCI 209's and have enough in my stash to last me the rest of my shot gunning years. I know from other sites that some people say they are good primers.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Never had any issues I can't remember if they were a tad larger but a mic would tell you that . When I was shooting skeet I had plenty of hulls so it didn't matter . Over the years I've used 10s of thousands Winchester , Remington , Fiocchi ,Noble Sport , CCI and Cheddites if It went bang and I missed it wasn't the primer. I looked the other day still have 3,000 Remington and 5000 Fiocchi primers . I believe possibly CCI 209 were larger as well .
They all worked for me . And generally the price was right . Some folks fussed about firing pins damage but I never had any issues and I shot a K 32 Monte Carlo grade. Another one I let go 4 barrel set .
Human body Rectangle Gun accessory Fashion accessory Metal

1 - 4 of 4 Posts