Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering if ever email sent and recieved is stored somewhere in your computer even after you delete them?? My computer is always asking to compact these files, the deleted ones, the sent ones, etc. I always clean out the sent files and then delete everything, but it keeps compacting them. Tell me. Thanks!

·
Registered
726 Posts
I was just wondering if ever email sent and recieved is stored somewhere in your computer even after you delete them?? My computer is always asking to compact these files, the deleted ones, the sent ones, etc. I always clean out the sent files and then delete everything, but it keeps compacting them. Tell me. Thanks!
If you are using a version of Outlook, as well as some other email programs, then yes, the emails are stored locally on your hard drive.

The only way for you to get back the disk space that the emails took up is to compact the email program's data files, after you delete the messages. That will then reduce the size of the data file.

Why are you deleting all of your emails, though? I have thousands of old emails stored on my hard disk, going back several years. I used Outlook features to created folders to store these old emails, and then copied the old messages to those folders. That way the old emails don't clog up my current email files, yet I have a record of my emails I can go back and search and review, in case I ever need to look something important up.

Lance in Oregon

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lance, my daughter is in vet school and we email back and forth a lot, just trival stuff back and forth, I don't want all of these emails saved taking up space on my computer. That's the main reason!

Ole

"I work to live, I don't live to work."

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.