Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Franklins is back to selling guns & today was their annual "cost day". On a whim I rode up with 2 friends intending to buy some H335 and that was all. Ended up with 2 pounds of benchmark($16.00/#). 1,000 winchester large rifle primers($18.75) and $80.00 of other "stuff I did not need except for a really cute hat. Bob bought 20 bags of #8 shot ($16.00/bag) and $110.00 of stuff he did not need. Everette bought a really nice m722 in 222 in a semi fancy Bishop stock ($250, i OFFERED HIM $300 for it), an as new Citori trap gun ($600) and about $300 of stuff he did not need. Well anyway we had a good time. There were few customers because the event was not publicised and they had just started selling guns again.

In the early '70's I bought my 1st decent scope a Leupold 2x7 for $125 at cost day, killed a stack of deer with that scope.

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
The store up the street needs a "cost day"!
Stopped in yesterday for the first time. Outrageous prices. For instance, $469 for a new in the box Stevens 200. When I asked to see it, he said it was a special run by Savage to bring out the Stevens name. Special caliber not in the regular catalogue. It was a 300 win mag. I don't know what the expression on my face must have been, but I didn't say anything as I handed it back to him and just left the store. Most likely I'll never go back in there!

·
Registered
3,317 Posts
Dont you just love it?:mad: Makes you wonder how many guns etc they could sell if they treated the customers like something other than 4th generation inbred cousins!! Same thing with vehicles. I went to look at new Dodge trucks a while back, spent a couple days on the internet looking at them and studying up on the options, etc. When I got to the lot, I knew a hell of a lot more about Dodge trucks than the saleman I got stuck with, I dont think he had even read a sales brochure. How DO they make a living?:(

·
Registered
458 Posts
OK I got one too (Bad)

Was in the Coral Ridge Scheels store They had a used 700 ADL plastic stock 22-250 for $545.00 it was all I could do to keep my money in my pocket.
EricT

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
JNYork,
We're the exception rather than the rule. We pay attention, do the homework, and don't listen to the sales crap. Most people are just walking around blissfully ignorant letting other people think for them. Just my opinion of course.

·
Registered
3,317 Posts
Yup, those would be the sheeple!:(

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just bought a NIB Rem 700 BDL in 22-250 for $440.00 tx incl. on an employee sale. I like those kind of deals.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts