Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Franklins is back to selling guns & today was their annual "cost day". On a whim I rode up with 2 friends intending to buy some H335 and that was all. Ended up with 2 pounds of benchmark($16.00/#). 1,000 winchester large rifle primers($18.75) and $80.00 of other "stuff I did not need except for a really cute hat. Bob bought 20 bags of #8 shot ($16.00/bag) and $110.00 of stuff he did not need. Everette bought a really nice m722 in 222 in a semi fancy Bishop stock ($250, i OFFERED HIM $300 for it), an as new Citori trap gun ($600) and about $300 of stuff he did not need. Well anyway we had a good time. There were few customers because the event was not publicised and they had just started selling guns again.

In the early '70's I bought my 1st decent scope a Leupold 2x7 for $125 at cost day, killed a stack of deer with that scope.

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
The store up the street needs a "cost day"!
Stopped in yesterday for the first time. Outrageous prices. For instance, $469 for a new in the box Stevens 200. When I asked to see it, he said it was a special run by Savage to bring out the Stevens name. Special caliber not in the regular catalogue. It was a 300 win mag. I don't know what the expression on my face must have been, but I didn't say anything as I handed it back to him and just left the store. Most likely I'll never go back in there!

·
Registered
3,317 Posts
Dont you just love it?:mad: Makes you wonder how many guns etc they could sell if they treated the customers like something other than 4th generation inbred cousins!! Same thing with vehicles. I went to look at new Dodge trucks a while back, spent a couple days on the internet looking at them and studying up on the options, etc. When I got to the lot, I knew a hell of a lot more about Dodge trucks than the saleman I got stuck with, I dont think he had even read a sales brochure. How DO they make a living?:(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.