Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
The one I called up in November took 30 minutes to show. Once you have the time and effort invested in getting to a good location, then calling for 30 minutes, I would not leave before an hour. I'd call, off and on, for 45 minutes, then wait silently the last 15 minutes. Cats have a tendency to show themselves when they can no longer hear what they were responding to. They also, in that circumstance, like to get to where they can see what's going on. That may make them visible to you, rather than concealed in the brush, rocks, or trees.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
I've been calling since 1965....

and I'm still waiting.:( Maybe another 5 minutes....

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Use extreme care in picking your stand location, too. You are calling, to your person, a very large, potentially dangerous animal. In the process, you are sounding like a weak, or wounded, prey animal. Be sure your back is covered, so you cannot be attacked from the blind side. Try to give yourself at least 50 yards of open ground between you and the last heavy cover.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.