Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mornin' guys,
We had a bit of an event this weekend. Saturday evening a guy calls 911 to report he's lost, stuck and stranded. From out of State (East Coast), he doesn't know where he is. He's got to be in our county because his calls come in to the local SO. He tries to give landmarks, etc.. but seems very turned around. Starts hallucinating. Hours go by, search and rescue is out, cell phone company can't locate him via GPS, at dawn he gets tired of waiting to be rescued and takes off on foot against all advice to stay with his car. Civil Air Patrol is up looking for him. About seven hours later two coyote hunters find him 3/4 mile from his truck staggering, frozen, trying to remove his remaining clothes (hypothermia) and refusing to come to them. Finally rescued and hauled to hospital. May lose some parts of his body to frostbite, (feet, fingers). Turns out the guy had a brain injury years ago and hasn't been right since, hence his not being able to give us rational information as to the last landmark he saw, what exit he took, etc...
I for one am just darn glad there were some trusty coyote hunters out in bad weather exercising their legs or we might have recovered a frozen corpse...
You never know what you'll run into when you're out hunting. If not a lost guy, it may be a fugitive.
John in WYO

·
Registered
460 Posts
Wow John,

Don't know which county you are talking about, but I've been in some of those areas of Wyoming that felt like if we had trouble, we wouldn't be found 'til next speed goat season.

A few tasteless comments come to mind, but I will forego them.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.