Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
nice pic

I cannot pass a coyote standing near the road without stopping and howling or something. Last time I did that a few motorists thought I was an idiot. They may have been right but it wasn't because of my attention given to the nonchalant coyote. I like to see the reaction on the face of a city dwelling coyote that has never been called when I howl at him from my pickup. Rural yotes mostly run when you stop. That one looks very healthy.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Great photo Snakeman..............

I let a coyote go last night while checking my cat traps. 75 yards at the most curled up and sleeping. Had some cattle off to the side. Most likely a safe shot. I hunt coyotes as hard as anyone, but I also respect them. Maybe I will see him again and maybe i will take a shot. On the days when I am hunting coyotes, just seeing one makes the day. You can't kill them all.
Keep up the photos,
Kirk

·
Registered
169 Posts
Rebel, you CLEARLY don`t know the rules of coyote hunting

You don`t have to shoot them when they are sleeping, but you are required to tie a hunter orange ribbon around their neck to show that you were there first. Sometimes I`ll shave their ass to add an embarrasment factor for their buddies ....:eek: You can always do option #3 and tie a string with tin cans to their tail while they sleep.
It`s all in the approach....:D :D

·
Administrator
13,337 Posts
Nice pic Larry

wish I were there to enjoy it in person. :(

you get my private message about vacation? Disregard it anyway. We may make it July 4th afterall. Will know by end of next week and make plans with you guys.

Charlie

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Details on the coyote
This is one of the federally protected coyotes that live on the elk refuge. What I call a felony furbearer. We were on the sleigh ride that goes out onto the refuge to see the elk and other wildlife. We saw a herd of elk take off running on the far side of the refuge where the wolf pack had been spotted two days earlier and we suspect that the wolves were over there hunting but it was way too far away to actually see the wolves.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Hummer, I have a question for you. A guy (a anti-gun, anti-hunter) at work had to show me an article by Ann Landers where some lady from Canada gave a bunch of quotes how much safer Canada was than the USA to live in because much heavier gun restrictions or guns outlawed in parts of Canada. Is this true? I mean no flame, just wondering. This guy is always showing me something about the evil guns and how many people die from them. I would like your thoughts about it, seeing that you live there. Darrel

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.