Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been chewing on this one for a while, I've had a CZ Hornet and 223 and all have shot very good. Well today at the local gun show one was just to good to pass up, shot ten times with very nice wood. I have some 32gr Hornady BT's but looking for a good starting load. I have the remainder of the box of Hornady 40grs. If this one shoots like the last two I'll be a happy camper. Any good stories you have on the 204?
Joe

·
Registered
230 Posts
You'l probably like it...

if its anything like mine. Mine ( 527 Varmint with nice wood) followed me home the week of Christmas. First 10 rounds out the barrel:

This is shot with Hornady factory 32 grainers. First round is the low and left one in the middle target, the next four are the center target and the next five, after scope adjustment, are in the lower right.. The only disappointment is that when I run the next ten over the chronograph, they "only" were going 3925fps mv; 300 fps slower than what Hornady claims on the box. Just got thru loading 3 different loads for development, but with the temperature hovering at 7 degres, it might be a day or 2 before I get a chance to see what my handloads will do. My biggest peoblem now is trying to figure out how to get more of the CZs in my gunsafe;)

·
Registered
169 Posts
I'd bet you'll like it

I've been chewing on this one for a while, I've had a CZ Hornet and 223 and all have shot very good. Well today at the local gun show one was just to good to pass up, shot ten times with very nice wood. I have some 32gr Hornady BT's but looking for a good starting load. I have the remainder of the box of Hornady 40grs. If this one shoots like the last two I'll be a happy camper. Any good stories you have on the 204?
Joe

My 204 is a Frankenstein made from a Striker action and a take off 204 barrel and a plastic Savage stock. I LOVE it!. Left bolt/right port and very accurate. I've only used 32 grainers in mine. I see no need to try anything else. I hope yours is a keeper too.

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
There is alot of good data around for the .204 now, and from what I`ve seen any powder in the burn rate area from Bench Mark to H4895 seem to work well.
My CZ love the 32 Serrias, sub 1/2 moa. The 39 Serrias and the 32 Horns, are abt 3/4 moa, but the 40 gr Horns 1 1/2 moa and up. Do not use the Serria bullets on coyote though, I hit 4 one day and never got a one. I called Serria and they told me their bullets we lite varment and not ment for coyote. I later found out the the Serria bullets have a .009 thick jacket and the Horns. have a .014 thick jacket. The Serrias make short work of groundhogs though.:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.