Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tell you what. Dean is the hardest working man I know; whatever the Boss Man pays him, it should be doubled.

He lives and works in a picture postcard, but it's a hard place to make a living in that dry dirt.

The wind is always blowing dirt in your face and it does get cold and miserable out there in the wintertime.

Springtime is here now and the real work starts. Dean seems to be able to fix anything that is made of metal, and some of that big equipment is heavy stuff. New plow points ready to go.
This is the Little tractor.

You hear Dean always talking about flat Tires on the sprinklers??
I sure would hate to waller one of these things.

And on top of all the work he gets done he kills about 30 Coyotes every year. He didn't kill this one, but they all bout the same.

We both are married up to Quilting Women, so maybe we don't have to sew on our own buttons.
I hope to see y'all in a few months, jest as soon as I get all the Work Done on the Damcow farm.

·
Registered
4,929 Posts
Wow, thanks JR. No wonder I'm tired all the time! Really don't think I work any harder than anyone else but there is always something to fix or do around here.
But being out side most of the time, out in the field where the wild things are has it's benefits, like the coyote hunting and p-dogs in the summer.
Thanks again for posting all those pics. Have a great day.
GOD BLESS. Dean

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
I always enjoy hearing about Dean's daily adventures. I'm not a Farmer but I live in a farming area. I help a buddy get ready to plant in the spring and again at harvest time in the Fall, so I can relate to most of his post. I'll spend a few weeks in the cab of a big John Deere in the Spring, usually something in the 8300 series and 3 weeks or so in the Fall in the cab of a Freightliner. Around here farming seldom involves livestock. Think Corn, Rice and Soybeans.

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
Great Pictures

Absolutely Breathtaking.
Always makes me smile to see those shiny plows. You hook them up, after sitting all winter all dull-looking but after a pass or two in the garden, they shine like a mirror.
On the scale that Dean does, he probably not only shines them up but wears them out too.

Thanks for sharing

·
Registered
9,432 Posts
Those ARE tall sprinkler tires. Just think if they were filled w calcium water.....that would really take some core strength. For two or three good men to get back up when it decided to nap.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.