Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
there are a bunch of pictures posted in the thread. Pictures are downloaded as a group, so it takes for friggin EVER! Ah, well...The pearls of living in the sticks, I recon.

P,

·
Registered
101 Posts
I bit the bullet(45 cal.) and went to satalite. Dile up was running me nuts.
Kind of pricey,inital cost, but i never regretted the move.
jerrold:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
It's a pain when someone doesn't resize their pics, too, that makes it even worse.

·
Registered
151 Posts
The solution for you dial-uppers:

-Go to "User CP" at the top of the page (Control Panel)
-go to "edit options" on the left side of the page
-scroll down to "thread display options" and uncheck the "show images" box (and probably the avatars too!).

there ya go...no more in-post pictures. :)

·
Registered
4,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The solution for you dial-uppers:

-Go to "User CP" at the top of the page (Control Panel)
-go to "edit options" on the left side of the page
-scroll down to "thread display options" and uncheck the "show images" box (and probably the avatars too!).

there ya go...no more in-post pictures. :)
Well...I recon I like pictures as much as anyone. Doing w/o is not a good option. But, as someone said, sizing pics is an important consideration.

I recon I'll just have to move to satellite as soon as I can...[$igh]:(

P.

·
Banned
1,296 Posts
Paul:

Try the Display Mode option I mentioned in a post down below.

It gives you the option to look at a post and all the replies in much the same format as the old board did - one at a time. Read my last post as to how to keep it permanent each time you log in.

Choose the "Threaded Mode" option.

-BCB

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Still have nightmares of someone posting a big pic when I had dialup,man sometimes it could take ½ and hour to get it downloaded.
What if we attach pics instead of posting them? Easier as we dont have to upload them to the net and post a link.Would this help the dialup guys?

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Dial up

Dial Up:

Let's see if I can remember . . . This is an archaic form of Internet connection once used when telephones still had dials to select numbers and the Internet was often running over ARCNet and clothes hanger or cable TV wire at one-fiftieth or less of the speed of the typical NIC used now.

The hardest part of the definition was translating it from the original ancient Latin!

Hate to rag Paul too much but Dial up is just a short step up from sneaker net which has been around since the time of ancient Rome except I think it was known as sandal net at the time.

Hu(Had to take ancient history in my MCNE classes)

·
Registered
4,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah, yeah, yeah...

Dial UP: Hate to rag Paul too much but Dial up is just a short step up from sneaker net which has been around since the time of ancient Rome except I think it was known as sandal net at the time.

Hu(Had to take ancient history in my MCNE classes)
]

Like I said, 'round here folks still gather 'round the pot-belly stove an talk about how great it is to have running water and indoor toilets!! As far as connecting to the outside world goes, I'm lucky my phone line isn't still a "party line"!

Yep! I have a rifle range set up soze I kin shoot off my deck, but there's a price to pay for bein' out here, I recon. I'll take the rifle range, for now. Satellite might be an option next year...[sigh]:(

P.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts