Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I kept a bag out of the freezer, and the wife made Salisbury steak out of the deer/pork burger. She made enough for 2 meals. I must say, it is an improvement. I had no problem with the deer burger version of this, but this holds together better, tastes great! Cant wait to add some Italian seasoning to it and make lasagna, stuffed canoloni with it.

·
Registered
6,270 Posts
In my territory it was standard procedure to add about 1/3 pork fat to venison burger. A little more for sausage. Otherwise, it was just too dry.

·
Registered
5,909 Posts
I grind my own Bambi burger, as many of us do, but I don't add any fat to the grind. Reason is that we honestly use most of our deerburger for Mexican dishes like nachos, tacos or whatever, and also we use it for spaghetti, lasagna, stuff like that. When we want burgers or meatloaf, my wife buys a pound of cheap hamburger with a decent percentage of fat. Blend a pound of lean Bambi burger and a pound of fatty burger and it works great. Same would be true for using a pound of pork sausage or ground pork butt. Use that for Salisbury steak and really all you need is a can of Campbell's mushroom soup.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts