Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went down the morning and helped son for awhile. He got 6 more Savage rifles and 2 pistols (with Leupolds mounted) yesterday. Needed to sight them all in (no wind today, but supposed to get up again tomorrow). All of these were 6.5 Creeds. Got the rifles dialed “close”. I put the bolts in the pistols and handed him one. Rifle scopes, with a 6.5 creed chambered pistol. He messed with it a while and finally fired one off. It was bout 2 1/2” high. He then dialed the Leupold rep and told him he could sight them in when he got here, or bring some pistol scopes Or longer eye relief scopes…LOL.
Boy, have I got a pile of 6.5 creed brass…😄
Anyway they all come in tomorrow. He had to go into county seat at 1 pm for a meeting. He is on the county excise board also. I put up all the rifles, pistols, ammo. Spotting scope, etc. He said he got the 2 new Nightforce scopes in yesterday and we would mount them on the 6 and 6.5 of mine this evening and sight them in.
Maybe, I’ll finally get to try out the 6 Creed.
This is one of the rifles and pistols….The new rifles have straight pull bolts, not conventional bolt actions.
Sleeve Metal Gun accessory Gun barrel Auto part

Sleeve Air gun Shotgun Trigger Gun accessory

One of the spotting scopes
Glove Line Ceiling fan Wood Tints and shades

Reactions: Dean in Colo.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update on little redhead. She is making out like a bandit. The last group of hunters (electric line repair boys from all over) decided to raffle off 2 handmade knives and a hatchet, that one of them’s dad had built. Any way they raised $1400 in the raffle. They gave the money to little redhead to buy equipment for the T ball team she plays on. Then the guy that won one of the knives gave it to her…
Wood Cup Tin can Knife Aluminum can

AND…one of the guys sent this to her (he said he was impressed with her shooting and wanted to give her something to practice with)

Wood Rectangle Gas Bumper Plywood

YES…I think she may be spoiled a little…

·
Premium Member
5,261 Posts
Man she scored good!!
Bruce if you get tired of 6.5 brass I could use some....lol!

I used a Savage Striker in 308 to deer hunt with one year....I had a long eye relief scope on it. I tried it with a rifle scope and figured out real fast that wasnt a good idea for hunting in a stand.

·
Registered
110 Posts
First of have seen or heard of Savage getting back into the bolt pistol again. Looks like they neglected to console with many handgun hunters. The Nosler rig is nice. I have to restrain myself from buying one.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
First morning of rifle season results. They are all out for afternoon / evening hunt now…
Sky Hunting Elk Vertebrate Ecoregion

Trophy hunting Hunting Plant Elk Deer

#3 definitely past prime, but still has the width
Sky Plant Hunting Plant community Cloud

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
no animals were harmed this evening….

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
One animal was harmed this evening. Leupold rep scored about 4 PM this afternoon

Sky Plant community Elk Plant Wood

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
One more down…..how’s this for something different.
He was a little better last year, had more points on the “high” side. He made it to the bottom of the canyon before he gave it up. The guide had to work for it….LOL

Plant Sky Bedrock Grass Wood

Notice the spots….

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Pics taken today
1st is family….Wifey and I, son and DIL, little redhead, and DIL’s parents.
2nd is family and guides (just like family)
Clothing Jeans Smile Water Trousers

Squad Military camouflage Camouflage Cargo pants Military uniform

1 - 20 of 29 Posts