Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went down the morning and helped son for awhile. He got 6 more Savage rifles and 2 pistols (with Leupolds mounted) yesterday. Needed to sight them all in (no wind today, but supposed to get up again tomorrow). All of these were 6.5 Creeds. Got the rifles dialed “close”. I put the bolts in the pistols and handed him one. Rifle scopes, with a 6.5 creed chambered pistol. He messed with it a while and finally fired one off. It was bout 2 1/2” high. He then dialed the Leupold rep and told him he could sight them in when he got here, or bring some pistol scopes Or longer eye relief scopes…LOL.
Boy, have I got a pile of 6.5 creed brass…😄
Anyway they all come in tomorrow. He had to go into county seat at 1 pm for a meeting. He is on the county excise board also. I put up all the rifles, pistols, ammo. Spotting scope, etc. He said he got the 2 new Nightforce scopes in yesterday and we would mount them on the 6 and 6.5 of mine this evening and sight them in.
Maybe, I’ll finally get to try out the 6 Creed.
This is one of the rifles and pistols….The new rifles have straight pull bolts, not conventional bolt actions.
Sleeve Metal Gun accessory Gun barrel Auto part

Sleeve Air gun Shotgun Trigger Gun accessory

One of the spotting scopes
Glove Line Ceiling fan Wood Tints and shades

Reactions: Dean in Colo.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update on little redhead. She is making out like a bandit. The last group of hunters (electric line repair boys from all over) decided to raffle off 2 handmade knives and a hatchet, that one of them’s dad had built. Any way they raised $1400 in the raffle. They gave the money to little redhead to buy equipment for the T ball team she plays on. Then the guy that won one of the knives gave it to her…
Wood Cup Tin can Knife Aluminum can

AND…one of the guys sent this to her (he said he was impressed with her shooting and wanted to give her something to practice with)

Wood Rectangle Gas Bumper Plywood

YES…I think she may be spoiled a little…

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
First morning of rifle season results. They are all out for afternoon / evening hunt now…
Sky Hunting Elk Vertebrate Ecoregion

Trophy hunting Hunting Plant Elk Deer

#3 definitely past prime, but still has the width
Sky Plant Hunting Plant community Cloud

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
no animals were harmed this evening….

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
One animal was harmed this evening. Leupold rep scored about 4 PM this afternoon

Sky Plant community Elk Plant Wood

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
One more down…..how’s this for something different.
He was a little better last year, had more points on the “high” side. He made it to the bottom of the canyon before he gave it up. The guide had to work for it….LOL

Plant Sky Bedrock Grass Wood

Notice the spots….

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Pics taken today
1st is family….Wifey and I, son and DIL, little redhead, and DIL’s parents.
2nd is family and guides (just like family)
Clothing Jeans Smile Water Trousers

Squad Military camouflage Camouflage Cargo pants Military uniform

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Got #6 for this group This evening. 6 out of 8 hunters (and one of the two passed on a mature 8 point yesterday). He was hoping for a 10 point or better. It don’t always happen that way. Anyway 4 Of group left this afternoon, 4 leaving this evening, and rest leaving early AM. It’s been a long weekend.

Eye Elk Vertebrate Natural environment Human body

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 · (Edited)
Took wifey out to supper this evening. While eating got a text from son. Wind was blowing this afternoon here, but hunters were gone, and little redhead wanted to go hunting. She has filled her deer tags for the year. They drove down to the river bluff blind and there was a hog on the field below. Son ranged him 241 yards. She was using the little 6.5 TCU. He told her to hold one pig high and 1/2 pig left. She smoked her a pig. Happy little girl and (I think) a happier dad.
I’ve been telling him with all the high dollar scopes, range finders, etc. all he had to remember was windage and elevation……LOL

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Little redhead’s cousins came for turkey day. DIL’s sisters two kids…..
First deer for the little boy (using the 6.5 TCU) and little girl with her 1st piggy. Way to go kids.
Plant Hunting Tree Hat Trophy hunting

Hunting Smile Dog breed Dog Carnivore

Fun day for the little ones. And little redhead got to go watch.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts