Varmint Hunters Forum banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Got #6 for this group This evening. 6 out of 8 hunters (and one of the two passed on a mature 8 point yesterday). He was hoping for a 10 point or better. It don’t always happen that way. Anyway 4 Of group left this afternoon, 4 leaving this evening, and rest leaving early AM. It’s been a long weekend.

Eye Elk Vertebrate Natural environment Human body

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 · (Edited)
Took wifey out to supper this evening. While eating got a text from son. Wind was blowing this afternoon here, but hunters were gone, and little redhead wanted to go hunting. She has filled her deer tags for the year. They drove down to the river bluff blind and there was a hog on the field below. Son ranged him 241 yards. She was using the little 6.5 TCU. He told her to hold one pig high and 1/2 pig left. She smoked her a pig. Happy little girl and (I think) a happier dad.
I’ve been telling him with all the high dollar scopes, range finders, etc. all he had to remember was windage and elevation……LOL

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Little redhead’s cousins came for turkey day. DIL’s sisters two kids…..
First deer for the little boy (using the 6.5 TCU) and little girl with her 1st piggy. Way to go kids.
Plant Hunting Tree Hat Trophy hunting

Hunting Smile Dog breed Dog Carnivore

Fun day for the little ones. And little redhead got to go watch.

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
Such outstanding memories being made and they will last a lifetime.
This was the Fall that Was for those young'uns. Sterling performances all. Gotta make Gramps n Dads happy, happy, happy.

Reactions: Bruce Eakins

·
Registered
13,114 Posts
One more down…..how’s this for something different.
He was a little better last year, had more points on the “high” side. He made it to the bottom of the canyon before he gave it up. The guide had to work for it….LOL

View attachment 28389

Notice the spots….
Finally a George deer....

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Tennessee boys already filled out. One mule deer yesterday after trip to the range….I think his barrel was probably still warm from shooting steel.
Cloud Sky Hunting Ecoregion Elk

The dad filled out early this morning about 400 yards from the lodge . They were leaving the lodge about sunup to put stalk on a mule deer that son had been seeing when this whitetail crosses the road chasing a doe. They pulled into field to wait on him to slow down. When he finally stopped he was about 400 yards from the lodge in wheat field. Boom, hunt over. They should have brought more ammo. They have today and 3 more to shoot steel and just hang out…LOL

Head Sky Hunting Trophy hunting Deer hunting

Picture was taken between my 500 and 700 yard targets west of my house

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Son was working on new blinds today. He got them painted up and was putting shelves in when I was there earlier. Got pics of outside, but was waiting to get pics of inside when shelves were in…
Has 5 for us and 4 for clients who just bought a place about 20-25 miles east of us.
Sky Cloud Road surface Wood Land lot

couple of them are for archery set up with tall windows and 2 are for rifle. One is for setting up at the “long” range north of my house.

·
Registered
4,756 Posts
Son was working on new blinds today. He got them painted up and was putting shelves in when I was there earlier. Got pics of outside, but was waiting to get pics of inside when shelves were in…
Has 5 for us and 4 for clients who just bought a place about 20-25 miles east of us.

Bruce, hope you have those tied down for the next couple days! Would be a shame to see them rolling across the country.
GOD BLESS. Dean
View attachment 28594
couple of them are for archery set up with tall windows and 2 are for rifle. One is for setting up at the “long” range north of my house.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
He has them made to his specs. The little company that builds them makes and sells well houses. We have had about 3 of them for well house for a few years. He bought 3 of them about 4 years ago, and installed windows, etc. Then he bought 3 more and they installed windows to his specs. They are made (i think) of same stuff they make garage door panels . They are metal (very thin) with about 2 inches of foam in the middle. When son gets them, he installs black kind of carpet on the floors and walls, paints them, and installs shelves. You can put a little portable propane heater in one of them and be comfortable on a -zero day.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
New Year’s Eve hunt. Little redhead and her friend, Kutter, from Colorado. They have has a grand time last 3-4 days hunting, shooting, and exploring canyons looking for Bigfoot. This evenings hunt
Dog Hunting Tree Sky Dog breed

The girls tracked it for a while and then had to call DIL to bring Rita, the tracker to finish the job

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Squad Sky Camouflage Cargo pants Military camouflage

The guide crew at the lodge
Clothing Face Jeans Water Smile

The family

21 - 38 of 38 Posts