Votes: 13 14.6%
  • ANSWER TO ANYONE

Votes: 9 10.1%
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Inspired by a earlier thread, I though this poll might make for interesting observations- of course just between us GGVG folks.

*** When buying/trading GGVG related toys, do you communicate same? ***

OPTION #5 should read, " ANSWER TO NO ONE"

"MAJOR PURCHASE IN THIS CASE = $ 1,000.00 OR MORE"

Sorry for the confusion

·
Registered
568 Posts
Not that this will surprise anyone, but I am confused.
Gary
No longer confused. Seems the poll didn't show up on my computer the first time I read the thread.
I'll also add that I am the boss of my house and I'll do anything I want!(as long as my loving beautiful wife allows me to)

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Not married, so it doesn't matter in the slightest. I do, however, talk it over with my shooting buddies, but since they never met a firearm they didn't like......

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Define major please.
I don't often check on small items like the 200 Steven I gotta pick up at the gun shop tomorrow or the 9mm Hi-Point pistol on Monday but did clear the BMGs and a couple of customs through the BOSS as she would have no doubt blown a gasket at spending thousands at a time

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Define major please.
I don't often check on small items like the 200 Steven I gotta pick up at the gun shop tomorrow or the 9mm Hi-Point pistol on Monday but did clear the BMGs and a couple of customs through the BOSS as she would have no doubt blown a gasket at spending thousands at a time

Can I steal that "Firey Devil" icon? :D

·
Registered
6,324 Posts
Somebody better define "Major Purchase" ?? Compared to a car, truck, house or motorhome, a firearms is not a "major purchase" That is why you have mad money. If she knew you had it, she would be mad.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I don't look at a rifle and or scope a major purchase. I guess I would say anything over $5000 to be a major purchase like a new ATV, car, or a new truck. That said, I talk to my wife about major purchases because she always encourges me to purchase it if I want it. I am lucky that way.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Im lucky too I guess

When she caught me looking at Africa hunts, she said GO!!! I said "No, too expensive". She said "GO! You could wake up dead tomorrow so go!" (that WORRIED ME!!!).

She was more worried about the political danger than the critters.

She`s my best friend, so we talk about EVERYTHING, and have for 28 years. She`s also my hunting and cooking buddy. When that bull had me on the ground killin me she stepped up and poked the muzzle loader into his neck and fired. My hunting buddies would`ve got their cell phones out to take pictures first!!!!

·
Registered
321 Posts
Certainly I talk to my Wife.....

She spent nearly 23 years as a Marine's Dependent Wife. She lived in her own private hell of never knowing that when she kissed me as I left the house in the morning if she'd ever see me alive again.

Regardless of any rewards or awards the man receives in his military career, the Dependent Wife is the true hero. They are the rocks that our foundations are built on.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
I personaly prefer barrow

Not real sure on the copyrights of gremlins? I just right click on them to get the url and post as a pic.I just barrow them though as they can have them back anytime

·
Registered
269 Posts
Always on major purchases

We both work "side jobs" and the money we each make on those is our "mad money". She buys girlie stuff and I buy stuff worth bringing home, like guns & shooting related...hehehe

Though we normally let each other know what we're doing just as part of a good relationship.

I work with a lady that her hubby came home with a new truck that she had no idea he was even shopping for. That's unbelieveable in my book. My wife let's me "lead" in major purchase decisions but I always talk to her about it and ask her opinion too. And her opinion weighs heavily in the decision, if she strongly veto's something I usually follow my gut and take her advice.

Even though she's blonde I think she's a pretty smart cookie too!

·
Registered
440 Posts
My wife always tells me to "buy what I want", so I discuss all my purchases with her. Even the Montana pd trips ever year get the green light. However, I have noticed that about ever June (Montana time) that a remodel of a bathroom, bedroom, or den happens to occur. Maybe she's sharper than I thought!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.