Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Administrator
4,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
51° here in Upstate NY this morning here in Upstate NY with the high temperature to get up to about 62°. Yesterday was a nice day but a little windy. We had a couple of showers in the late afternoon but nothing that really amounted to anything. Today it supposed to be about the same with less wind though and a 30% of a shower later afternoon.

We will be going to church this morning and then I think I will just take it easy the rest of the day.

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone.

·
Registered
14,007 Posts
Mornin George and the gang...
Happy Easter !!!
HE has Risen..
Phone says its 41 here high on RUGER Mt this morning.
Don't hear it raining or the wind.
You all have a gooden today and GOD Bless...

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Good Sunday morning

He has Resin!!! Praise the Lord!! 42 here in NC Ohio on this grand Sunday morning. The weather should settle down now and the warm summer season is ahead of us. Enjoy family, friends and the Peace the day brings. Prayers to those and country. Mike

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Great morning everyone,

58° with a clear sky the will lead to 78° with an show later here in Grandkidville.

The tree cutting went pretty well. Greatly aided by the boom lift and a neighbor's mini-skidsteer with bucket & bush claw. It was a alllll day chore including a thorough clean up. Everyone helped in some way. Even the 4yr old grand daughter. Only mishap was cutting the coax cable. Zac had the tools & connectors to make the repair while I re-buried it. Funny thing happened. Neighbor's house is for sale. there was a showing while we were working. The potential buyer came over & asked for a biz card. I told her we're just amateurs & this is a typical weekend for us.:D

Church this morning. Easter egg hunt later. Not sure what caliber is appropriate but we will make do with a recently repaired Sako 6ppc. ;)

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Good morning from Bartonville Texas 61 and clear, another nice weather day.
We went to the kids Rock band mega church yesterday. They have two Saturday and four Sunday services. That leaves today open. Wife wants us to go to Atlanta an RV show in Dallas.

Hope everyone has been a blessed Easter for He is risen,
Ken

·
Registered
7,024 Posts
Good morning from the sticks of Kentucky where we have Daylight and cool temps. It is predicted to be in the 60's later today if any one is going to be hunting Chikin eggs.
Yesterday it was cool, windy and misted rain all day, not adding to the rain totals at all but it kept me indoors. We had a new COW Baby yesterday morning, I bet he wishes he had waited a day to come out into the world.

JB is going to the care home for an Easter visit with her mom, and then coming back to our little Rock Band Mega Church where I am meeting her. I would say there will be about 40 people in attendance at the most with an average age of 70. It's a jumping place.
The Christian religion is under attack world wide, especially in Europe. I expect we will hear of more church burnings in the days ahead.

Dean in Colo. Sent me a couple photos of the wind blown prairie yesterday with some dirt blowing in the wind. I wish I had those hay stacks in the one photo.

Y'all be safe today, there was a student killed yesterday that goes to the college that Shanes daughter attends. And two more students injured very bad.

·
Registered
4,926 Posts
Happy Easter Morning all. 38 here, after a windy, nasty, dirty day yesterday.
He died for our sins!
He has risen!
He's alive!
Hope everyone believes this!
Busy day yesterday, got one sprinkler serviced before the wind got too bad then spent some time in the shop but had to go out in the field and fix the drag, it gets a lot of miles this time of year and is about worn out.
Gwyn is up and cooking already this morning, having her folks over along with her sister and hubby, also her youngest brother and wife, for lunch. First time we've had a family meal here for some time. House is kinda small for very many.
Better go check the cows and get moving, going in to town for the early, early service then home. Church running three services today, all will be full too.
Have a great day and give God praise and thanks for every thing!!!

GOD BLESS. Dean

Thanks JR for the picture posts.

·
Administrator
13,441 Posts
Good Easter morning folks. It's 50° here with beautiful, bright sunshine. Yesterday was warm, but VERY windy. Today the wind has settled. Just the perfect day in store. The grass is growing like crazy, and I guess I'll have to try to mow this evening, after the festivities. We are headed to my cousin's this morning for the Easter egg hunt. Doing it early this year so my granddaughter can participate. They are going to her other grandparents for dinner later. I'll need to uncover and load up the boat this afternoon. Headed to the Bay early in the morning.

Have a good one gang!

Charlie

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Morning Gents! Its 46º and hazy here headed for the mid 70's. It looks like a pretty nice day shaping up.

We had my Families Easter yesterday. Both of my Boys and their Wives, all of the Grandkids, My Mom and one of the Wives Sisters. We hid plastic eggs for the kids and I took everyone for a ride on the Ranger. Theres a pretty high sandy field behind the house that was not too wet.

Not much happening today. The Wife is not feeling good so we may or may not make church. I don't know if She is just tired from last week or maybe She was outside enough for the pollen to get to Her.

You'all have a good one.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Good morning gang

He is risen.
42 and cloudy with high around 63. I am making plans to pick up my camper in California Thursday. I bought a 2017 Lance 975 sight unseen. A friend wants me to pick up car parts for him 20 minutes from the camper, he’ll pay for gas. My truck is not prepped for the camper yet so I am taking his F350. It has a Cummins with twin turbos in it. That sure do the trick.

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
It's a bright sunny morning with the temp up from 35º to the mid 60's right now. Yesterday was a trying day. I was up at 4:30 to make the drive to Newburgh IN for a UBR match. When the match began @ 9:00 it was just above 40º with light misting rain and 15-20 mph wind. Although I though I had enough clothes the wind at the back of the neck was a challenge all day. It was a tough match, but there were some very good scores. Booby Cox once said "a major league hitter can time a jet plane". Maybe the same could be said of some benchrest shooters. Hitting a 1/8" dot at 200 hundred yards in a 25 mph wind is tough, but doable. I saw it several times yesterday. I nearly went to sleep driving home and pulled over a couple of times to get out and walk around to wake up. My eyes came open at 6:00 this morning and I couldn't go back to sleep, so another day of stuff to do.

G'day Y'all,
Rick

·
Premium Member
5,482 Posts
Good afternoon....not much going on today yet. It's nice out but we all stayed up late watching movies and I'm paying for it by feeling like crud. When in Lexington Thursday I picked up another bag of Winchester 204 brass and a couple of boxes of 130g sierra matchkings for my 260ai this second one has a short throat but I think I need to run it out longer. It works well for 95g vmax but 140's are way down in the case. I went to a local shop yesterday and they had RL25 on sale for $20 a pound so I got 3.

Jr I just had to look up the accident you were referring to. Sad deal for sure.

Yesterday I got a call from my buddy Tony...his partner and inlaw bought another boat...a 92 17ft Nitro with a 90hp Johnson for $2k. The trolling motor was pretty dated and a nice used upgrade was bought for cheap. Only problem was getting nuts on the bolts that go through the deck. There was one little compartment door to access the nose after pulling out a panel blocking it off. I got the call because my 22yr old son is like 5'10" and maybe 120lbs well he got volunteered to get stuffed into said opening. This was the first attempt to go in but couldn't reach this way.

As you can see I was finding it quite amusing because I used to get volunteered for such activities until I stopped smoking and plumped up.:D
We ended up holding him up by his feet and lowering him in head first so he could make the bend to get into the nose of the boat. New used trolling motor got secured well and he made it back out with a little wiggling.

Hope everyone has a good Easter!

·
Registered
243 Posts
Hope all had/have a good day on this special day.

We hooked up the TT this morning for a week of camping in the GSNP, or near it anyways. It's only a 50 mile tow, and everything went better than expected except for the TPMS monitor didn't want to work today. Set up was uneventful, the daughter and GS came by for a short visit and now we are here with adult beverages, thinking about what is for supper. Decisions Decisions.

Weather has sucked here just like it has elsewhere but we did not have any 'nadoes, just more rain and cooler temps (upper 30's - low 40's) but they say it will warm up again this week.

Replenished my freezer with crappie filets a week or so ago ( I took 2 weeks off from the honey do crap) so after we get home, it starts again. Life.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.