Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
.. Hey fellas.. I'm new to eBay sales but hafta say it seems to work fairly well.. It does seem that I got "fee'd" to death and between eBay and PayPal (one in the same, right.?) they took a pretty good bite.. About $65 for a total of 7 transactions for PayPal alone..
.. But then again, stuff sold quickly.!!
.. What are the pitfalls to watch out for doing this.? Is there any danger of non-payment once funds are in the PayPal account or anything like that.?
How about "Confirmed Addresses".?? If I ship it to the address provided by the winner, where's my risk if it's not "confirmed"..
..All this is a bit new to me and a little confusing.. Any tips from some of those with more experience would be appreciated.. Thanks.!! d:^) Jake

·
Registered
3,317 Posts
I buy and sell quite a bit of stuff, mostly gun-related, on ebay and have had very few problems. You dont want to be shipping gun-related stuff overseas at all, you might run afoul of import-export laws on both ends. I just put in a disclaimer in all my sales that I sell to U.S. bidders only and ship to U.S. addresses only. Occasionally you will get a bidder from Russia or somewhere that has a U.S. address to ship to, then it gets transshipped to him. I refuse to do business with these guys. I have never had a problem with paypal, I transfer the funds out of paypal into my checking the same day they are deposited with paypal, I dont leave anything in there. When buying, watch out for the jerks trying to make additional money on the shipping and handling, always double-check this before you bid. I think ebay is a lot of fun, you can sell your junk for a bundle and find things you simply cant find anywhere else. I have done probably over a thousand transactions and never been nicked (knock on wood:D )

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
shipped an air pistol overseas to England,,,never again!!

It was a major hassle to do the UPS paperwork including customs forms and other stuff. I won't do it again, even tho the buyer paid LOTS of money. The SHIPPING IS A HASSLE that will give you a headache.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Eeenteresting..

.. I figured I'd try it anyways.. Guys from out of the country bought a coupla scopes I had that no one here was interested in.. I took them to the PO about a mile from the house and filled out a little form that wasn't much different from a money order.. Shipping and related costs weren't even really that much more.. Suprisingly easy, I thought..
..A lady who says she has a daughter in the Washington State Palma team bought the Kowa Eyepiece.. Sent a pic and all.. It might be BS, but maybe not.. I don't know what the gain would be..
.. Heck, we'll see how it goes.. I may be setting myself up for another expensive education but you'd think I'd be used to that by now..

No wonder old guys are so danged hard to get to do anything.. :rolleyes: d:^) Jake

·
Registered
365 Posts
Jake, for shipping, I always use the online "Click and Ship" from the US Post Office. Global Priority Mail is the best and least expensive option, all the forms are online, and by doing it online, you get free tracking and confirmation of delivery. You print out a bar-coded, paid label and your regular postman picks it up. Painless. I have shipped hundreds of PC shooting games and my own books via Click and Ship with not a single problem. It's a winner. They'll even send you the boxes or pouches free!

The other great tool for eBay is their free "Turbo Lister" software. It helps you build and save ads offline, then uploads them to eBay. If you do even one sale a month, it's a great free tool.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.