Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Interesting read.....

Looks like I'll have to print it out, grab the highlighters, and head to the library to check the sources.

Discovered during educational years to check the resources for quotes taken out of context. Which from the writers own comments, both Tucker and Cornell seemed to do on several occassions.

Having done time as a LEO, I learned that there is 3 views to every dispute. His story, her story and somewhere in between lay the truth of the matter. This concept holds true in any educational or political discussion.

Writers have the tendency to write towards a specific reader as shown in Cornell's work. And in our desires to believe those whom we think are champion of our side, we must always insure that the words we so much want to believe are not only truthful from our viewpoint, but from even the viewpoint of the opposition.

I learned early in my military career that when dealing with Intelligence types, if they said things were Good, to plan for Bad. If they said things were Bad, plan for a Diaster. If things were Gloomy, then load up everything you could carry and give'em hell.

The trouble with a logical approach towards the problem with gun control is that those folks desiring more controls are scared. Scared people will not and cannot examine the situation with clear logic.

OK.... enough of this diatribe.

Lucky Shooter, thanks for posting the site.

·
Registered
517 Posts
This could all be resolved....

if people would read the Federalist Papers, writted by James Madison, John Jay and another who's name escapes my old memory. These papers were written to describe exactly what the framers of the constitution had in mind and leave no doubt in the mind of anyone who can read and understand the english language. All other interpretations are purely male bovine feces.

Molon Labe

Kim

·
Registered
517 Posts
Yup

That'd be the place to go. Any one reading this and still having questions as to the intentions of our forefathers just isn't paying attention. Should be required reading for everyone in this country.

Molon Labe

Kim

1 - 5 of 5 Posts