Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My ISP caught an email virus before it was delivered, and I thought I'd pass along the info. Subject is
"Happy New Year!" it came from [email protected]

Time to update the virus definitions, change the magazines in your handgun, and the battery in your smoke detector. Might as well turn and flip the mattresses while we're at it. LOL

·
Registered
391 Posts
Stupidity

My ISP caught an email virus before it was delivered, and I thought I'd pass along the info. Subject is
"Happy New Year!" it came from [email protected]

Time to update the virus definitions, change the magazines in your handgun, and the battery in your smoke detector. Might as well turn and flip the mattresses while we're at it. LOL
If you are stupid and you know it - not a problem.
If you are stupid and you do not know it - you are dangerous.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Here is some info about this new Email Virus/Worm

Here is a write up all about it from Ziff Davis Net:

http://news.zdnet.com/2100-1009_22-6146321.html

I used to work for a big AntiVirus software vendor, and the virus writers typically try to launch new viruses between Christmas and New Years every year.

They do this because they know that this is a popular time for people to take vacation time off from work. However, it has become such a pattern, that many of the AntiVirus vendors now simply plan on it happening each year, and thus deny employees of their AntiVirus research teams time off between the holidays.

Virus writers look for every edge that they can get in releasing their code. The longer it takes for the AntiVirus vendors to update their virus signature files, the more time their virus will have to be able to spread, and thus be more successful.

Virus authors are evil, but are often not stupid.

Lance in Orygun

·
Registered
79 Posts
Yep, that one showed up in my inbox today, it was flagged as a virus and dealt with, people who write these things ought to be horse whipped! :mad:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts