Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an Encore and I really like the looks of the new pro hunter stock. Can I just purchase the new stock/fore-end combo and stick it on my old frame/barrel. I realize that the fore-end has to be rifle for rifle or M/L for M/L, but is it just a switch tit for tat? I've never removed the stock from the action, but have switched barrels. HELP! TIA, Bill................

·
Registered
22 Posts
The buttstock will swap with no problem. The forestock will probably swap with with no problem, but you may need to check if the barrel channel and screw hole placement of the new forend are of the same dimensions as the old forend. I don't know offhand how the new Pro-Hunter barrels compare in contour to the standard barrels.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Yep, as previously posted they will fit with no problems. The ProHunter stocks, both buttstock and forend mount/fit the same as factory wood stocks. Just like the factory forends you need a different one for muzzleloader, shotgun, and rifle (sometimes need a different forend for heavy barreled rifles). I go the ProHunter stocks several months ago and love them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts