Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody done business with ER Shaw? I decided to try one of their HMR barrels for a 10/22 magnum and tried to order it online last night. When I got to payment options I ran into something like this. Credit card - we will call for number. As a rule, I won't give a CC # to somebody calling me even if I am expecting the call. I have no way to verify the caller as being who they say they are. I have no reason to think this is a scam. On the contrary, I think it's on the up-and-up but it seems a strange way to do business. I'll call the number on their website rather than having them call me.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I did the same thing with Remington when I tried to order one of their new CTI shotguns. I had a discount from going to their armorers school. I sent in the discount order form and an FFL from my dealer. Then they called for credit card info. I had talked to the same lady before and she had all my info which she could only have from the info I mailed in. I guess someone could have stollen the mail and got the info but then someone can stael you mail and get credit card info on a regular basis anyway. Having them call just adds one extra step.

BTW, after several months of "it will be released next month" I gave up and canceled my order. Now from talking to Remington at the SHOT show and other internet boards I see the CTI really is available now. Their loss, I spent my money on something else.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.