Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
found a nib rem 700 has a carbon fiber barrel. barrel is an inch and a quarter at the muzzle. has a mcmillan black fiberglass stock that most 700 varmint guns have. has double sling studs on the front.wieght is 7 pounds. model number is 26303. party wants $750 for it. is this a good price? any input is welcome. thanks dan

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
I saw a used one at a gunshop last week. I don't remember the caliber but maybe 7 mag. Anyway, they want $1100.00 for it with a 3-9 Leopold on it. Interesting looking weapon to say the least.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
They first retailed at about $2000, but they couldn't give them away, even at half that price. That price is probably fair, IF you think the carbon-fiber wrapped barrel is all that. Personally, I think it just holds the heat in that skinny little liner, cooking it quicker. I might be wrong about that, but that's my impression.

·
Registered
826 Posts
A good friend had one built in 7 Mag.......

$1200 for the barrel alone with a Shilen barrel blank used. Now here is the fly in the ointment. The company started turning down factory barrels and installing carbon wrap on the factory barrels. So, you have to really know what kind of barrel you have.

One thing for sure, if you have a carbon wrap barrel, you sure have something that very few people have!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts