Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems like it might make a good cover scent.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
I make the best or worst, depending on your nose, catfish stink bait - bar none. It will catch catfish in a coffee cup. My brother has used it on cyanide guns as bait and has done real well with it. He can't put it in pastures with cattle because of the milk and cottonseed meal because they will pull a gun but otherwise, it is great cover scent. I've never seen a coyote run from his truck and it does have the lingering smell to the toolbox. Okay, maybe it's not that strong but it works. I would suggest using it on cotton balls hanging from brush around you. You definitely don't want my catfish bait on you unless you want to be the center of attention at home. Mine works at clearing the catering trucks of roachs as well. Also works to clear sinuses, heals swollen warts, solves rusty fingers,etc. Also comes with a South Texas guarantee- guaranteed not to rust, bust, collect dust, or run off down the hill. Now that's a guarantee!

FWIW, I've always used vanilla for a cover scent. Worked so far but I keep putting on weight when I use it. Maybe it smells to much like pastry.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Louisiana Deer

I have used something as nasty as Skunk Sent as a cover but now I feel like it is better to use non scented soap and water combined with a less intrusive scent...this is what is working on Louisiana deer.-Cliff-

·
Registered
4,691 Posts
Forget The Wind = Board sponsor

I've never used catfish blood, but a can of sardines seems to work and you can eat 'em after the hunt if ya want to (depending on how well the hunt goes :D )

P.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts